Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Pinion angle

Pinion angle

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1074
replies 6
following 3

jsnpdy22   +1y
my pinion angle at drive height is set at 4 degrees. When my truck lays out it is at 11 degrees.Is this normal or do i need to make some adjustments.The rearend is 4 linked.I guess on my angle locator it would be a negative 4 and 11 degrees.Do i need to set it at a positive 4 degrees? I want to drive my truck really low but i dont want to replace my u-joint every weekend.
mark   +1y
im not quite sure how exactly you are supposed to set your pinion on a 2peice driveshaft....but the way mine is setup is that it is a straight driveline from the carrier bearing to the axle...it doesnt vibrate nor does it bind.....but ppl set their axle angle according to their transmission...that seems to work for them too, so i dunno
jsnpdy22   +1y
its set right at drive height but when it lays out it changes alot.
jsnpdy22   +1y
Mark, is your rearend 4linked?If so does your pinion angle change when your truck is layed out and does it bind?
mark   +1y
nah, i got a 2link

but the driveline pretty much stays straight from the axle to the carrier bearing...prolly changes around 5degrees...the ujoint can take it, it'll just die quicker lol, what's dieing quicker is my carrier ujoint, but the ujoint on the axle is good to go
jsnpdy22   +1y
thanks mark for the info, maybe this weekend i'll make some adjustments.
impulse   +1y
How bout mine... i've got 3" blocks, pulled a leaf and the torsions are cranked... how can i get my pinion angle back to normal.
Page 1 of 1