threads
Page 1 of 3
Mazda Lowering Static \  IRS or straight axle?

IRS or straight axle?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 4184
replies 26
following 10

eksessivdragger   +1y
I'm trying to figure out which i want to do. If i get a IRS, ill put 22s in back, straight axle, ill put 20s in back.........

any thoughts and suggestions are great!

btw im rebuilding my frame so mounting an IRS isnt an issue

Mikey
EKSESSIV
slammed91b5000   +1y
id go for irs if you can get all the parts and have somewhat of an idea of what your doing(if your doing the work). i think it looks sick when the front and rear tires have lots of negative camber when laid out. plus normal ppl will think you have broken axles... hahhaa
2fine89   +1y
LOL no doot aboot it. " Honey ... that guy broke his axle " lmao - if you are messing around with the frame and you have access to a IRS, go for it, I can't forsee a down side to it. Good Luck.
eksessivdragger   +1y
If i run IRS in rear, ill have to wait even longer to get the truck back on the road bc next week im cutting the frame off behind the cab, then when i start on the new frame, the front (firewall back) will be cut off.

still in the air.......dunno which to do
paul42   +1y
I really like the negative camber look in the rear and your truck will roll like a caddy when done. The rx7 rear ends seem to be pretty cheap.
eksessivdragger   +1y
i dont want an rx7 rear, i want a 300ZX rear bc it is capable of getting more camber than an RX7. and id need the // \\ bc of the 22s that im putting in the rear.

i could just get the truck, take the front suspension, then sell the rear axle and such....
frosti108   +1y
i hear IRS is a much better ride.

the only advantage to a straight axle is its better for drag racing...

and its probly easier to work with too...
mazdawg9178   +1y
i have 2 rx7 clips for sale
eksessivdragger   +1y
message sent
mazdawg9178   +1y
sent one back