threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  AIM drop spindles, are they any good?

AIM drop spindles, are they any good?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2887
replies 8
following 6

drpdmazda   +1y
i have an opportunity to get a set of aim 2" spindles for a pretty good deal, does anyone have any expierience with these spindles, i have gotten mixed reviews, some people say there great and others say total garbage, i dont want to buy something and it turn in to a huge hassle, or am i just better off flipping the balljoints? any input would be appreciated, i just want my truck to lay out all the way

thanks
rollinslow   +1y
My bro has them on his mazda and has had them for over 6 years now. No problems what so ever. You still have to flip the ball joints if you get the spindles. And you will need at least a 17" wheel to clear the spindles. If your not planning on running a 17" or larger wheel then it is not nessasary to use the spindle to get it to lay out. Hope that helps.
dawgpimp   +1y
you don't need spindles to lay. if you do it right, you can lay on 17'z. 16'z will clear a drop spindle, barely.
mullet   +1y
some 16's.. the z71's didn't clear mine. You can lay up to 18's w/ flipped ball joints and 3/8in spacer.. and 35 series tires
Mike
drpdmazda   +1y

how did you get your truck to lay if you have 17's without spindles?

let me know

thanks
sprkndawg   +1y
AIM apindles are great but there company service sucks.
mullet   +1y
when your placing the top plate for the torsion bracket.. you compress the air bag as flat as it can go, put a stud in it. Place it on the lower controll arm (where ur bottom plate will be attatched to) and raise the break hub control arm set.. just mount the top plate as high as possible. And like i said you will probably have to flip your ball joints.. and if u want to run 18's w/ 35 series tires you have to put a spacer on the ball joints either 3/8 or 1/2 in.
Mike
dawgpimp   +1y

my first mazda was bagged on stocks with 60 series tires. 23.21 inches.
205/40 17's are 23.46 inches. i have never owned 17'z. it was just easer to say it that way. i didn't do anything special. make sure nothing binds, and make sure you have the wheel (or the measurements of said wheel) you want. raise the wheel until the bottom of the tire is the same distance from the ground as your crossmember. that is where you put your bags.

my current dawg has 16'z. it's the smallest wheel that you can get a 40 series for. 22.46 inches.
gwadzam   +1y
i just installed those 2" aim spindles last month. they clear the 16s but barely so id run larger wheels. i had to scrape mine down for awhile. check this out... the holes on the spindle to bolt on the brake dust shield do not line up, just letting you know now if that happens. i got mine on tho with a round file to the holes. theyre made for flipped ball joints so you have to do that too.
Page 1 of 1