threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  How high does my notch have to go?

How high does my notch have to go?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1167
replies 6
following 6

mullet   +1y
Just wondernig how high my notch has to go.. i'm wanting to keep as much bed as possible.. and i understand that i will probably have to do a raised bed floor.. but if i can keep it as low as possible.. that would be pimp. im' considering doing the triange notch from SSD.. and also wondering how much clearance i would need for the tank, after i relocate it behind the axel? Thanks
Mike
mark   +1y
the notch height will depend on wheel/tire combo you are going to run bro

if you plan to lay it out with the stock mazda tires, 215-70-14's, to lay frame on the tires my axle sat about an inch or two above the top of the frame....so it isnt much really

you can actually get away with having the tank behind the axle and not having to cut the bed floor....but the tank will come crazy close to the ground and you might as well not have moved it hahaha, but me i set the top of my tank to bean inch above the frame, so i had to cut my bed
eksessivdragger   +1y
like mark said, the notch depends on ur plans for rims/tires. mine is notched for 20s right now but will be ripped and cut out soon. But yeah MOVE THE TANK no matter what you do. i never moved mine(trucks SFBD 2.5" and the tank is raised some) but i still drug a hole in it from how my truck sits w. the ass down and front all up(how i drug it alot around town)

I'd say if u think about putting 18s on it, notch it for 20s bc u will always want bigger. plus if u want anything bigger than 18s u'll have to swap axles(ud have to do it for 18s as well) but yeah.......theres alot of factors that change what setup u want.
mullet   +1y
i'm retarted because i knew that.. i'm going to be running 16in wheels w/ 45 series.. or possibly 40 series.. so i don't have to cut out my wheel wells.
dawgpimp   +1y
you can lay out your truck on 16'z with 40'z without cutting your floor. use drop leafs and 4 inch blocks. i don't think a four link will fit under a stock bed floor.
tskb2200   +1y
i have a SD.com 4link tri 4 link in my truck and it lays on z71s with 40 series with bed floor at stock height.

p.s. the pic in my sig is when my truck was 2linked
slammed91b5000   +1y
right now the BOTTOM of my notch is 2" ABOVE the top of my frame. its a FBI monster 8" notch. i have 17's with 40 series rubber and laying frame the axle is about 3" below the bottom of my notch so im gonan put some big rubber bump stops in. so just go from there on how high yours should go. so i would say to lay the axle on the notch with my wheel set up i would want it 3" into the frame, and then make it go 3" above the frame for strenght. it hard to describe.
Page 1 of 1