threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  sway bar mounts?

sway bar mounts?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1094
replies 7
following 2

nateid15   +1y
Hey all, I have a 87 b2200... Im needing a little help with the swaybar setup.

Ok, here goes... I bought the truck for $40, and had my friend drive it home (25 miles)
I noticed the tires were just screaming around every corner, and even over large bumps... but thought the tires were shot (it was dark when i bought it)
Guess not, cause i checked and they got plenty of tread left... The thing is kind of a peice, but it runs/drives, so whatever...
I'm doing a low budget truck here, for use as my first truck, because im 15...
Where the swaybar connectes to the frount suspention arm
theres a plate, a rubber bushing, another plate, a metal spacer? then another plate/bushing/plate... Im missing 2 plates, the bushings are shot, and the spacers are junk... also the bolts holding them together are broken, had to beat the crap out of it to get it out...

I dont know the technical names for theese items, so can someone help me out? I hope i can dig something up...
Also, anyone know how much the suspention is weakened by this? I know its really killing my tires, but the suspention is together, so if anyone feels like telling me its unsafe, i know allready

Thanks alot all
nateid15   +1y
anybody?
midnightmike   +1y
take a pic of it and post it up bro
nateid15   +1y
u know, that makes scence... pics up in a little bit...
nateid15   +1y

(dont want to kill anyones 56k... but the pictures are 600x800...
also, the swaybars off right now... but see that pin looking thing? thats what i need to replace, along with the bushings/plates...
Thanks alot
~Nate
nateid15   +1y
about to reuse the rubber bushings and conncect it with a bolt...
can anybody save me from myself?
~Nate
midnightmike   +1y
go to the local part store with one in your hand, if they dont have one for it, try to get one really simalar, thats what i did when a snapped the rear sway bar on my topaz, yes topaz it was drivin me nuts, the end link was a dealer item only and they wanted 89$ for it, when i bought the car for 400$,so i took them from an s10 (free)
nateid15   +1y
Got it bolted up with some grade 2 bolts... tensil strenght of 74000psi... hope it holds up... if not, the previous owner owned it for 5000 miles with it dissoconnected... he also thought the brakes were manual (arg... bad master cylinder)

Is there anyone out there that knows brakes?
The seal between the master cylinder and brake fluid resiwour leaks... I still have brakes (almost to the floor, but they stop the truck...)
Ill post up a new reply in a few days... didnt test the truck yet... people are in my fave testing site... o well
~Nate
Page 1 of 1