Pros and Cons on Dropping Method

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1988
replies 11
following 8

b29pb   +1y
How many popular methods are there?
what's the good and bad?
this way a newbie like me could learn and choose which one's the best ..sorry..hope im not the only noob around here
and could be a useful tread anyway so..post as much info as possible guys..
joeyaces   +1y
Don't worry, you're not the only noob.
b29pb   +1y
still no info?
what's the diff between juice and bags?
i thought they were the same?
juice=hydraulics?

which one is better ?
b29pb   +1y
mm...is it the weekend or what?
pro-rabbit   +1y

This will help with your bag questions.
2fine89   +1y
juice is hydraulics and bags is air. Bags will give you a better ride but hydros' are ususlly faster. either way you need a source (hydro motor or air compressor) storage device (usually a part of the hydro motor or an air tank) lines need to be run for the air or hydro fluid, and either cylenders or bags with mounts fabricated for your suspension.
speedster93b   +1y

Not true anymore, hydros can have accumulators, which can give it a nice ride, possibly rivaling air, and i bet most everyone with hydro's nowadays prolly has accumulators.

Bags also can be fast as fck. bags have dual ports and bags can withstand hundreds of psi, and nitrogen, so i'd have to say, they're close.
minimazda93   +1y
however if you are planning on putting big rollers you might look into hydros unless bed space does not permit b/c mazdas are lacking in the lift department when it comes to bags, i barely can get enough to turn a 225/40/r18 b/c my top a-arm tops out on my bag brkt.

both are good its just personal preference and space.
eksessivdragger   +1y

thats why you get new upper control arms and lower(not needed all the time)

It's all personal taste. I like bags better(what i have) just bc the ride is better(compared to hydroed trucks)
dawgpimp   +1y
if you go with air, and you do it correctly, there is no up keep. juice has seals to change, and fluid to deal with. if you run hard line with juice, i'm sure it would be cleaner. if you get a leak in your air system, it's not as bad as a leak in your hydro system. i THINK air is better on a daily driver. i have not blow a line or a bag on my truck( like i said, if you do it correctly) and it's been that way for a few years.