Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  Body Drop Questions

Body Drop Questions

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1953
replies 10
following 7

joeyaces   +1y
Is doing a body drop easier than bagging a truck? i know for the bed you just cut around the box and lower it and weld it back on, but how do you do the front, because theres only so much head room and space over the engine maybe only a couple inches, so how do you body drop a truck so low? and also is it like considered cheating or something, it just seems too easy to me is it hard? Thanks,
Joe
mullet   +1y
first off can't wait to see where this one goes.. but do you want to do a traditional body drop or a stock floor body drop. I personally don't think its cheating because it is an extremely good mod.. difficulty tho.. depends on you and your abilities. We did a body drop f*ing around in a weekend.. traditional. you know.. i think i had too many jager bombs.. cause i don't think i helped much.
Mike
nathansmc   +1y
if your woried abut headroom, a SF is for you. alot more work though
mark   +1y
nah it aint cheating at all

u do the same with the cab like u do with the bed on a traditional....then to drop the front core support, u cut the frame in the front where the core mounts is at and drop it down how ever much you arte doing and weld it back up
joeyaces   +1y
So what all do you need to do it? Just a cutter and a welder?Thanks,
Joe
mullet   +1y
a measuring tape and a level.. also a straight edge..
joeyaces   +1y
So how come all the guys who want to lower their truck for cheap, how come they dont drop the body rather than torsions and blocks?, they wouldnt lose any ride quality and they wouldnt have to put out any money.
mark   +1y
there more to it...relocating, shortening of pedals, buying sheetmetal to fill empty floor spots, etc.

you udually do a bodydrop last, get the frame to lay, then bodydrop it to lay the body...dont just randomly bodydrop it....u can, but just hope u do it straight
impulse   +1y
people dont just body drop... they bag it as well.

they kinda come hand in hand.
eksessivdragger   +1y
i have a 2 1/2" SFBD and i have about 1"-1.5" before my weber hits the inner hood.

SFBD is the only way in my opinion, yes it takes longer to do. I just think it looks alot clearer with a stock floored truck and stock hood(lower the motor)

each his own and do what you want. I wouldnt jump into a BD blindfolded tho. research as much as possible, make sure u trust your welds and research some more.........

if you need help or have any questions just message me