Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  Bagging

Bagging

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2110
replies 10
following 8

joeyaces   +1y
I noticed the suicide doors site doesn't have kits for bagging Mazdas, just S-10s and GMs, am I missing something? How long does it take to install a set of bags (4 link I guess) Im sure it varies greatly but am I looking at a few hours, days weeks? I really have no clue. Thanks,
Joe
mark   +1y
depends if you know what you are doing, pretty much experience also

S10s get their special treatment since there is such a big market for S10s...so they get a bolt on...we dont so we gotta work harder haha

i'd say you could set it up and install it in a day, if u bought the 4link and not have to make it
joeyaces   +1y
well my uncle has a big nice garage with a mig and stuff, so I guess i could do it myself, but I just don't know the first thing about it. I wish I could do it myself cuz I also want to get a new bumper off something and I want to be able to put that on too. I would feel stupied getting a shop to do it theres no reason I can't I guess, it would save alot of money too. Well I'l see what I've learned from here in a month or two and maybe I'll know everything I need, Thanks for the help guys!
Joe
mullet   +1y
biggest thing you need is welding experience.. if you feel confident enough to weld on your frame.. and ride on that weld.. then you should be alright. You will need a air kit (compressor, tank, bags, line, etc), a 2/3/or4 link, a notch, a torsion kit for the front, and either cut wheels or a saw zaw, and an angle grinder. Don't forget to go to Home Depot or Lowes and get your fittings. For your 4 link, if you want to hit side to side get bag over axel setup, but if you don't really care.. i prefer the bag over bar 4 link from Suicide Doors. I find it easier to install.. and you can get more lift out of it by placing the bag closer to the cab. Let me know if you need specific details.
Mike
nathansmc   +1y
bag over axle is also good for carying load. but you do lose height. so if you go this option, get a bag with a bit of lift
kaoss   +1y
I was in your shoes about 6 months ago. I read everything i could find, e-mailed evryone I could and IMed a lot. Take your time. it took me 4 hours to install one step notch, we measued 32 times check the angle 72 times( a $5 magnetic angle finder Harbor Freight is AWSOME!),clamped and unclamed it 121 times and so on. My point is learn all you canand take your time. I dropped classes in college because instead of studing, i was learning about air ride. we're all here to help, and it isn't rocket science.
mullet   +1y
gotta watch out.. air ride and halo 2 will make you drop classes like nobodys business.
Mike
joeyaces   +1y
well i dont really care if it goes side to side, i just want it to raise and lower and if i could do front and back seperate than that would be cool (so i can have the front up and back down or vise-versa) but if its easier otherwise then i will probly just do it that way. I figure if i choose what setup i want then i can learn about that specific one and it will be easier to understand.
phatdaddy   +1y
i'm getting the canitlever link setup from suicide, it's universal. the kit where the bag mounts on the bottom arms, just call em and ask where you need to measure to for teh brackets, I think they make them to your measurements. the just get torsion bar bag mounts for the front, then you'll need 4 bags, 3/8's airline, storage tank, valves, and switchs. it aint a big thing to bag a mazda
just ask em they'll tell you what brackets and measurements you'll need. you guys are lucky you can order your front brackets, i gotta make mine the 84 has coil springs ya know. O buy electric valves the MIC manual valves are cheap and alright but you have to run the airlines into the cab. what would you rather have 8 3/8's airlines running into the cab? or 8 wires?
center stage customs   +1y
Whats goin on fella's
Names Jimmy , recently opened a shop called Center Stage Customs
My main focus is part sales at the best prices for each and every ride out there. We carry nothing but the best products and I can set you up with a kit for you Mazda not a problem what so ever. I can put you a kit together however you want it. I've got bracket kits for your mazda and will set you up with everything you need at an awsome price.
Go ahead and Shoot me a email , let me know what exactley you want outt the kit and I will definently do the best I can to make sure you get a kit you'll be happy with and get it at an amazing price
And thats for everyone as well, just email me and let me know what you need, I've got you covered

talk to ya later