Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  Behind & Under Axle Rear Bag & Bracket Kit

Behind & Under Axle Rear Bag & Bracket Kit

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2134
replies 12
following 8

mullet   +1y
can i still lay out in the rear using this set up from SSD? I know i can get slight more lift by putting in front of axel rather than behind.. but i'm more worried on dragging. Not only do i think it looks sick... but it keeps everything under the bed floor. If i get it.. i will probably get the 2600lbs firestones. I know sleve bags are better for one to one rather than two to one.. but i trust the two to one bags a little more.. what you think? While i'm on this topic.. i'm probably running a forward two link, and triangle notch. Any experience from the notch and clearance of the axel? thanks
Mike
mark   +1y
if you are going to do a 2link, mounting bags anywhere connected to the axle is not the best way to do it. because you knowthe axle changes angle a lot with a 2lik, and it gets pulled forward also. you dont want that kind of motion with any bag. bags are the most efficient when straight up and down, so they push down rather than trying to push one of the sides out because the angle is really bad
mullet   +1y
good point.. i never thought about it like that. Thanks.. welp.. i guess i'm running a 4link.
Mike
miked   +1y
meh, 4 link or 3..
when i do bag mine.. im gonna run a 3link as i am not gonna move my gastank into the bed.. or pay for a fuel cell.
eksessivdragger   +1y
im debating on changing mine and doing a lever style 4link w. the watts system.

I'd personally never do a 3link bc it wont keep the axle centered
baha   +1y
3 links can keep the axle centered, mine stays centered just fine.
dawgpimp   +1y
when i first bagged my truck, i bagged it behind the axle with dearched leaf springs. i have 16's and it layed without a hole in my bed.

if you use a standarded cab tank, it will fit between your frame behind your axle.
eksessivdragger   +1y

2link w. a pan bar? or a 2 link w. another link(hints 3 link)?? pan bar doesnt keep it centered and a 3link wont keep the pinion angle completely right, and and move the center of the axle........depends on how u have it mounted
mark   +1y
i was talkin about a wishbone/tri 3link...pretty much a tri-4link with the upper bars connected on a Y on one end with a single bushing rather than having 2separate upper bars, u just have one big Y shaped bar with 2bushings on one end and a single one on the other

it is just like a tri 4link but with no where as much articulation...but keeps the pinion just like a 4link

EDIT: found a picture of one!

that one is a bolt on kit for S10s made by suicidedoors.com
nathansmc   +1y

all a panhard rod does to not keep it "centred" is pull through its arc with motion. basically, it will keep you centred.
you could run a watts link, with 1 trailing arm, which is more than enough to keep you centred, and the correct pinion angle. it will also give you more sideways lift.