Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  drop problems

drop problems

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1259
replies 6
following 4

gwadzam   +1y
ya i got my truck lowered yesterday. i bought 2in drop spindles & 4in blocks from aim industries. got them installed and it looks good. but i have 2 problems, well 3 but 2 i need help on. my truck right now sits a tiny bit uneven. there is a 3/4 inch highth difference in the rear, so the left is slightly higher(by 3/4in). and also problem 2, on the left side as well, one of the tie rod bolts (the one closest to the inside of the wheel) is rubbing the inside of my wheel and making noise, but the other side doesnt, aanndd it usually only does it when i turn right. but ive been driving on it too and it runs fine except for the wheel scrapage. we got the bolt grinded down enough so i can get the bolt off if needed to, but it still rubs. oh ya the spindles are made for flipped bjs so we had to do that too. can anyone please help me out?
framedragger   +1y
i say ditch the spindles and flip ur ball joints with stock spindle. u can easly lay a mazda out with out drop spindles 90 % of us dont have them. i trust stock more any ways
rollinslow   +1y
A 3/4 inch difference is quite a bit. Did it sit level before the drop? Maybe your leafs are sagging on one side, or could be a bad shock. As for the spindles, what size wheel are you runnin? Mazdas usually require a 17" or larger wheel with the spindles to clear, although I have seen some 16's clear.
gwadzam   +1y
ya first off i spent $250 and waited several months on those spindles so those arent coming off. its dropped on 16" yukons. and i have tried flipping the ball joints on stock spindles and the ball joints rubbed the wheels heavily so i went back to stock highth after.
mark   +1y
well you know u cant literally flip the balljoints on stock spindles...the stock spindles are tapered a certain way and the balljoints should only go one way, and that is pointed down

"fliupping" the balljoints with stock spindles isnt really flipping them, you move them above the control arm instead of underneath..gives you no more than an inch really

your solution to the scraping problem would be to get a set of 17s or bigger, grind the bolt down some more, or let it scrape until it doesnt anymore

my friend had the same prob on his S10..he had drop spindles with 17s and he just grinded and grinded and drove it....he pretty mush has nothing left on that tie rod end....not safe at all, his was really bad tho, u might get away with just little cutting

im sorry cant help you much, i dont own a set of drop spindles for my truck, so i wouldnt know if you could really get away with trimming it some more
rollinslow   +1y
Ya that sucks bro. You either have to get some 17's or grind the wheel down till it stops rubbing. Driving it won't grind the bolt down much, just your wheels. But if its not rubbing that much then you should be ok once it grinds a groove in the wheel. Bummer!
gwadzam   +1y
i bought the wheels for hella cheap so its no loss till i can get some 18" boyds. looks like tho im gonna have to hold off on the front end till i buy new shocks and tires.
Page 1 of 1