Page 1 of 3
Mazda Lowering Static \  converting ac comp

converting ac comp

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 3086
replies 20
following 11

bigroy_80   +1y
hey guys i guess this would be the right forum for this question. but anyways has anybody converted there ac compressor to use for there bag setups like yorks? ive seen some people talk about it and a few pictures but figured maybe some of you guys could give a little more info. thanks guys

Roy
justgettinstarted   +1y
hey man, just started a thread bout the york, check that out. but does anyone know if any AC pump will work? or what?
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
yeah itll work for awhile if you put a oiler on the intake side of it (non-york type) I have done this on my friends ranger. But it all depends on the state of your current compressor. Also there is a pressure switch in the A/C system so if the R-12 gets low it wont let the compressor run, you will have to jump those wires togeather or just run another hot wire to the compressor and not use the switch on the hvac controls. Just a regular air tool oiler works fine.
mullet   +1y
Ok.. this is a wonderful topic because i'm doing a 351w swap, and I'm wanting to use the ac compressor from that to run an edc.. is it the same setup as the mazda one? Also, how do you wire it up so that you don't over compress. I'm retarted. I know how normal compressors work.. any way you could do a wiring diagram or spell it out for us unedjumikated peoples?
Mike
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Man thats really asking alot, damn, lol yeah ill try to make a picture so itll be easier to understand.
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Click it to make it larger. Hope It helps.

justgettinstarted   +1y
im......confused LOL
baha   +1y
Dayum Josh! realy nice job on the diagram, I see a tech article coming
midnightmike   +1y
thats cool, glad u got a diagram, i didnt want to type alot

u might want a legend at the bottom
pro-rabbit   +1y
I had a thread about this on mtz going from the a/c stock on the 2200 and putting in a SD508(huge) compressor. All I had to do was use washers to get the pullys to line up, have intake line made for the EDC and then a SS braided line(along with a check valve). I have been running mine for about 4 months at 200 psi and I have went to 300 psi at a few shows to show off a little.

If you need more info just ask, I will try my best to help if you need any. And yes, I can still get used Yorks and SD compressors(seems to be the FAQ).