Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  IRS

IRS

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1743
replies 9
following 8

faded   +1y
anyone on here running an IRS? if so what did you use a rx7 irs or a t bird irs? i think the tbird irs would need to be shortened. i only want it for 20's a buddy of mine has 20's with his 4x4 bed and they rub bed side im trying to avoid rubbing and i think all four wheels with a camber just looks killer
midnightmike   +1y
the irs is alot of work but would be worth it, u could do a yota rear end and get pretty much any wheel to fit in there, and re drill the front hubs or swap the hub out for a yota hub and then you'll solve that problem
faded   +1y
yeah but i like to see all for wheels cambering in i think it looks sick
miked   +1y
i believe but dont quote me on this.. i saw one posted on the s10forum in O.T. it was IRS but the way it was put together.. it had all the IRS parts but for some dumb reason.. they had welded them together.. it had coilovers an bags..
bdmazda86   +1y
the best way to go would be a corvette IRS my buddy just put it on his frontier and it looks pretty badass...and they are not that expensive either you can probably pick one up at a junk yard for about 300 bucks then just rebuild it yourself.....my 2 cents
eksessivdragger   +1y

i think you are referring to Mikes Toyota w. bags and coilovers. its BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Supposedly he can hit a switch and strictly run on coilovers. He's one of the editors for minitruckin and also has the first BDed S10 on 22s(getting all redone right now)
mark   +1y
yea, that design was good

his S10 is badass too
baha   +1y
anyone else have trouble figuring out how the rear of his suspension works? I can figure from the coils to the IRS but I can't figure out what the bags push to lift it
eksessivdragger   +1y
yeah i was talking to friends about it and couldnt figure out how he switches from bags to coils and what the bags actually do lol
tskb2200   +1y
from what i was told that truck has a air actuator(sp?) that locks a pin in a bar that lets it ride on just the coilovers when you remove the pin then you can hit swithces. not sure how the bags lift the truck though was wondering that myself
Page 1 of 1