threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  cranked torsions and removing bumpstops...

cranked torsions and removing bumpstops...

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1332
replies 6
following 4

justgettinstarted   +1y
why is it that i cranked my torsions to sit right above my wheel, and i removed my bumpstops and it tucks a little bit of tire and rubs on inner fender, but its only when i turn, and its not the fender edge, its the plastic inner fender ONLY.im thinkin of removing these and dropping it back down to see where i stand with it. cuz i wanna be lower. also, how hard and what all do i need to remove a leaf or two in the rear?
mark   +1y
i wouldnt push it....taking the plastic peice off don't do shit, thats just a mud guard
impulse   +1y
How low have you managed to get with the torsions cranked?

I think I got my bumpstops out but im not sure... better double check.

Im not even tuckin rubber on my escalades with the torsions cranked.
justgettinstarted   +1y
the pics in the photo post are with just cranked torsions. for some reason i wanna say the previous owners flipped the ball joints because when i took out the bump stops, it dropped lower than just the height of the bumpstops, either i had the torsions cranked completely (dont think so) or they were flipped and puttin that and the torsions together i was literally pushing on the bumpstops and by removing them it set it like it would be.....so be it...i had to tighten my torsions. im gunna remove the plastic and see what happens. i seem to ub for some reason now, when i was sitting on bumpstops there was no rubbin what so ever.
mark   +1y
well, thats why the bumpstops are there
justgettinstarted   +1y
its fine now, just rubs a tiny bit on harder turns usually. shouldnt be a problem though, just figured if the plastic somehow stopped me then i would take it out, but ohwell, i may still take it out cuz thats whats rubbing.
1hotdawg   +1y
I got my torsions cranked, bumpstops f/r removed. I tuck a lil rubber, and could tuck rim . Lots of neg camber lol if I did.

I got 16" wheels and 50's on the front, and don't rub a thing.

And yeh lol, I first turned my torsions and rode like that for a bit. Then decided, "I wanna go lower." I looked under and noticed I was ridin on the stops. Took them out, and walla lol I was lower. (Now even lower than then).

Thinkin of doin the flippin myself too.
Page 1 of 1