threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  Mazda b2200 HP? well if you wanna consider it that...lol

Mazda b2200 HP? well if you wanna consider it that...lol

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 16770
replies 19
following 8

madmazda   +1y
Mazda B2200 HP.....well the 2.2 L put out a whopping 85HP stock...anyone heard of anything different on stock HP for a 2.2 L or has someone added something to increase stock HP? whats Your HP, and with what mods? how much of a difference?
nytrdr24   +1y
85 HP ON A CARB'D 2.2L & I THINK THE FUELIE'S WERE RATED @ 91 HP,

ME I HOPE TO HAVE CLOSE TO 190 HP N/A @ THE FLY WHEEL VERY SOON....MAYBE @ JULY 4....STAY TUNED TO YOUR LOCAL BAT STATION
FOR UPDATES! SAME BAT TIME SAME BAT CHANNEL...HAHA!
hocbj23   +1y
Did a little porting and polishing on head, different carb,Accel ignition, K&N filter, cleaned oil galleys, windage tray in oil pan,Flowmaster muffler, 2.5 inch exhaust, helped gas mileage by 4-5 mpg but did not do much for hp. I think basic design of engine is for durability and not hp. BJ
madmazda   +1y
hochj23 you must be throwing down the PONYS....Vroom Vroom...lol. i got a header, and Flowmaster single to dual outlet. lol...
hocbj23   +1y
I wish.Truck does seem just a tad quicker,but still no top end. I was really surprised about the better mileage, but I think that was due to the hotter spark from the Accel and better breathing from carb and head work. The d--- 3.9 rear end ratio really holds the truck back. I saw a 3.03 on fleaBay today and thinkin about bidding on it and seeing if it will help top end. BJ
hocbj23   +1y
NYTRDR24: When you get them 190 ponies to your flywheel come on up to Chattanooga and help me get 150 to mine. LOL.BJ
madmazda   +1y
^^^^^ YEA MAN, ME TOO....Lol....190, wow
nytrdr24   +1y

more than happy to fellas, or you could just buy a crate engine from paeco industries in birmingham, a little pricy, but you can get one with 240 hp for @ $7500....guess it's all a matter of what you want to spend for what hp you want....i'll have @ $4000 in mine for 190hp, but i don't know if i'll see it
with the a/c still in the truck & the intake...we'll see tho.

i will be installing my fuel cell, aeromotive fuel pump, filters, and regulator this weekend, running the wiring for the battery's to be relocated to under the bed, and wiring in my dual fan setup & fabbing a mount for it to the radiator & time permitting doing some body work too..... i looked like a kid @ x-mas opening up the box from summit last night when i got home!

hocbj23 you could get a few more ponies by swapping out the 29 lb flywheel for a 9.5 lb fidanza one, and get a flex-a-lite dual fan setup & replace the old clutch fan....less rotating weight=more hp. you said you saw a 3.03 on fleabay, is that a whole rear, or just gears? i don't know of any made for our rear axles much less 3.03's
hocbj23   +1y
Sorry, I misread the ratio, it was a 3.3 out of a 1984 b2000. It was the pumpkin and gears.I have read that they will fit, but dont really know. Also, what kind of motor from Paeco has 240 hp. Is it a 2200 engine that has been stepped on real hard or something else.I have already ordered an aluminum 3 level rad and fan set up for my truck.I would worry about a flywheel that lite causing a real rough idle. Does it? Also, does anyone know a shop that will custom grind a mild street cam for a 2200?Thanks. BJ
crazymikey   +1y
I have a rebuilt engine,bored out .75 over,shaved head,as well as ported & polished,Accel air filter in a stock carb,stock exhaust and it feels torquier and a little peppier than it did before the rebuild,and I only have 2200km on the engine right now.