Page 1 of 3
General Discussion \  b2600i header... Initial production starting soon

b2600i header... Initial production starting soon

General Discussion
views 7425
replies 23
following 10

91extcab   +1y
so i've recently started interning at a local shop and was discussing with the owner about making a set of headers for my truck. showed him the pics of the ones they sell down under and he said with his pipe bender and the rest of the tools he's got we can easily make a set. he normally makes custom headers for small/big block v8s and he said it would be pretty cake to do them for my truck... im really thinking about gettin a set made and if its worth it we might make several if anyone is interested in them in the north america area so you wouldnt need to order them from australia and pay the outrageous shipping to get them here... just a feeler... how many of you guys might be interested...?
Post was last edited on Feb 23, 2012 01:02. This post has been edited 1 times.
r3dline   +1y
fuck ya, id be interested.
91extcab   +1y
I thought you among a few others might. I know its a small niche but figured it might be worth a shot
jobbadahut613   +1y
Oh yeah get it going. I want a set. Are you going to use the stock exhaust flange or make one? Will it be able to use the stock metal gasket?
91extcab   +1y
It would use a stock gasket just like the aussie ones, and the flange would be made in house along with the rest of the headers. I've had several responses in a short time so I will definitely be talking to the owner about this and see if we can't get them started soon as possible
slammedb26i   +1y
Count me in too! Haha I have no idea what the shipping from australia to Hawaii would be... Probably the cost of Doug thorley long tubes. Lol
91extcab   +1y
With my tax return this year I'm going to purchase material to start hopefully an initial 4 sets of headers for the 2.6i. depends on how much money the material is going to cost. If I do make 4 sets, 3 will be for sale. I've recently been modifying my down pipe to tuck my exhaust up above the frame so taking tucked measurements will be easier. I'm thinking about offering a section of pipe, bent to match the curves the exhaust make under cab, but be a section made to tuck, the pipe would be a catalytic converter deleting pipe, as I don't have a cat to be able to work with (very limited emissions control parts left on my truck), headers will be a 4-2-1 ending in 2 1/4in with flange and have o2 sensor threaded bung.

Headers will be around 275 plus shipping.

should be able to start making the first sets in 2 weeks. Let me know
jobbadahut613   +1y
What are you going to use for the flange?
91extcab   +1y
5/16in plate unless I come across a problem with that for a flange.
jobbadahut613   +1y
Ok I didnt know if you were going to cut the stock flange off and build from there. That was my thought when I was going to try and make a set. Please post some pics of your progress as I am interested.