threads
Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  B2000 and b2200 differences?

B2000 and b2200 differences?

General Discussion
views 9965
replies 14
following 8

fdugn545   +1y
For real though what's the major difference between the two? Besides displacement...? And I know that the b2200 came in EFI but the carbed ones? What's the deal here?
sincitylocal   +1y
The 2200 has a longer stroke. Water pump and timing belt are different. It came with hydraulic lifters, and a windage tray. Carburetors came on both engines, but somewhere around 1989, EFI started popping up on them.
Most everything else is the same, but I'm sure someone will add something to the list.
fdugn545   +1y
If I were to get a b2200 block and internals could I bolt my head and cam assy to it? Thanks as always

Fred

Sent from GS2 on Tapatalk
tucknrimmaz   +1y
It will bolt up. You need to use the same timing sprockets and water pump that would come stock on a b2200 and use the 2200 timing belt. the b2000 block is shorter. thats the only diff. Block height and timing belt teeth and length.
mazdamobber   +1y
If you had the 2200 and put the 2000 head on it would it give more compression or something?
mazdamobber   +1y
and I know for sure that the vacuum setup is a bit different, unfortunately I learned this last weekend.I was wondering, I have an 86 2000 if I found the efi setup would I be able to make the fit onto my intake? or would there be a ton of modification needed?
befarrer   +1y
I dont think there will be much issue, the biggest issue would be the distributor. You would have to run a B2200 EFI electronic distributor, and therefore B2200 timing curve. I am not sure if they are different or not.
fdugn545   +1y

Why would I need a efi dizzy? I'm running it carbed... Is there a big difference between the b2000 and b2200 timing? Also would the 2.0 cam gear work? Thanks for all the info guys...

Fred

Sent from GS2 on Tapatalk
mazdamobber   +1y
I have a 2200 dizzy on it already. And you wouldnt have to buddy, but I higly recommend it either way. its just nicer.
mazdafvr   +1y
you would only need the efi dizzy if you go efi. other than that your standard dizzy will work fine if carbed, (b2000 or b2200 dizzy) im still tryin to find out what else needs to be done for the head swap too. and i think you gotta use the 2.2 cam gear. not 100% but i looked at the top of my waterpumps compared to a 2.0 and 2.2 head and they look alil different where they come together. but shouldnt be hard to swapm over. im about to do the 2.0 head swap myself and i been waitin on an answer as to whether or not i gota use the ends of the 2.2 head for 2.0 head swap. i was gonna swap intakes with the head but then i saw all the coolant hoses that go to the intake and it looks like it would be a bitch so im just gonna try to set it aside as i swap heads. let me know if u get any more info on the swap, ill do the same.