threads
Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  base model, LX , or SE-5 ?

base model, LX , or SE-5 ?

General Discussion
views 4642
replies 15
following 9

andrewrabakker   +1y
Just wondering how I can tell the diffrence ? It's an 88 b2200 extended cab manual trans

thread post photo
91extcab   +1y
Chrome windshield, door and rear wing window trim?

Chrome door and tail gate handles?

Power steering?

Tilt steering?

Cruise?

A/C?

Lockable glove box?

Chrome rear bumper?

Do the door panels go all the way to the windows or is there a painted, but otherwise exposed upper curved section of door sheet metal?

qoute these questions and fill in your answers. I'll help best I can.
91extcab   +1y
After seeing your picture, even tho I see chrome trim around the door and ext cab windows i'm gonna say no on an lx, because your trim feels like it was added... Our (mine and cortnye's) lx's also have chrome style trim in the rubber seal as an accent around the rear window as well... You dont have chrome handles so that makes it less likely to be an lx... As well as no lockable glovebox, which i've been told only comes in the ones equipped with tilt steering. My old se5 had ac, but no cruise or tilt, short door panels, black painted rear bumper, solid rear window in a single cab, black door and tailgate handles.

Chrome tail light trim rings indicate lx, I forgot this before.

map pockets in the door panels.
Post was last edited on Nov 29, 2012 01:11. This post has been edited 1 times.
lsumazdarider   +1y
Show more pics of the truck interior/outside
Cusser   +1y

Andy - and others - if you PM to me your E-mail address - I can E-mail to you the 1988 B-truck brochure that details what trim levels did and did not have, plus options, in PDF. This was in my '88 truck when I bought it in 1994.

Administrator - same to you if you want a copy to upload here or make sticky.

Andy -as to yours - and many things could have been changed over the years: Remote fuel door access was NOT available on base models in 1988. LX models included the tachometer in the instrument panel, usually had an LX emblem near the rear window as well on Cab Plus.
mazdafvr   +1y
my lx had all that. chrome trim power steering cruise and tilt steering and lock glove box. my se-5 is 4 years newer and has none of that
berryserious   +1y
The lx also has a sliding back window...
91extcab   +1y
My ext cab lx does not have a rear slider. Never did. The std cab lx does have a slider tho. So i'm not sure that qualifies for lx or not...
91extcab   +1y
Is the trim on the winshield chrome? I can see it around the passenger windows, but thats an easy add...