threads
Page 1 of 3
General Discussion \  TOP 10 b-series mods for noobs!

TOP 10 b-series mods for noobs!

General Discussion
views 9465
replies 22
following 14

bseriesnoob   +1y
Alright lets give this a try and see were it goes, BAHA said it was a good idea and he would sticky it if we can get some good participation on it. Ill take your ideas and post them to the top of this thread also by editing. Prime example, im new to the bseries trucks, dont know alot about them yet or whats available.............For the new people what are the TOP 10 mods available for these trucks or things to consider? lets maybe cap this at a price of???? $1000??? per mod so it doesnt get crazy. What do you have?

B-MOD 1) STATIC DROP! Usually involves removing the factory bump stops, adjusting and/or reindexing the front torsion bars, throwing in some lowering blocks in the rear or dearching the rear springs then (and this is the part that costs money) installing a decent set of drop shocks so you can get a decent ride.

B-MOD 2) BLINKER MOD! makes your side markers blink with bumper signals(Front turn signal mod is a cheap one. On the Mazda's the turn signals are mounted below the bumper which is fine if your truck is of stock height but on lowered trucks this can be hard for the oncoming motorists to see.

The running/parking lights are in the corners of the front fenders, on the inside corners of the engine compartment you will also find the connectors that goes to the two lights. The corner lamps have a single filament bulb in them. Using a pair of pliers pull the bulb housing out clean up the hole with a file or Dremel. Go to your local parts store an buy two, one for each side, snap in dual filament sockets and bulbs. Now on the dual filament socket one wire will go to the parking light circut and the other will go to the turn signal. You can also replace the clear 1156 bulb that use to be the turn signal with an amber one. To me it makes the Yellow light more intense looks cooler too if you are running clear lenses.

The best part is this mod will cost you less than $20.00 okay maybe $30.00

I will take some pics and/or elaborate more in the future.

B-MOD 3) INTERIOR DRESS UP!, painting dash pieces, getting LE door panels, center consoles, etc. (If you go to a auto parts store get ADHESION PROMOTOR to spray on your panels BEFORE you paint them! pay special attention to the period of time you should stay in between the promotor and actual paint. Make sure you clean your "to be" painted parts with HOT or WARM water with dish soap! windex also works because of the alcohol in it. If they look clean.....CLEAN THEM AGAIN. any armor all or silicone type spray will ruin this process!)

B-MOD 4) BED COVER...of sorts...got mine for $100 or so.(build it out of metal? wood? LOTS of options here! get super cheap headliner by the yard to cover your "bed cover" with, this will PAD it.....afterwards wrap it in marine grade vinyl. looks like leather, wont fade fast and comes in ANY color you want!)

B-MOD 5) TOYO BUMPER SWAP! Put a toyota bumper on the front of your truck. (more info to come)

B-MOD 6) Stripe removal if you have the factory stripes. $30 eraser wheel, time and elbow grease. (be careful NOT to burn thru your clearcoat! keep that eraser MOOOOOVING!

B-MOD 7) RANGER VISION- swap out your headlights for the newer style for ranger headlights! $60-100 depending on headlights/bulbs used. (see pics below)

B-MOD SUICIDE HOOD CONVERSION- This can probably be done for less than 75$-100$. I'm in the process of doing this to my Mazda now. I got the hood hinge off an older model Buick Lesaber for 25$ and all the mounting hardware can be bought at your local Lowes Hardware Store. Here is the write up on it.

tech-write-ups/suicide-hood-hinge-how-with-complete-captioned-photos-t23781.html"
Post was last edited on Jun 25, 2011 08:06. This post has been edited 18 times.
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Different rims and tires always seems to be a popular mod to personalize a ride. In many cases you can get bother for under $1,000
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Another popular mod for most (all) mini's is lowering them! And yes, a static drop can be done for WAY less than $1,000. Usually involves removing the factory bump stops, adjusting and/or reindexing the front torsion bars, throwing in some lowering blocks in the rear or dearching the rear springs then (and this is the part that costs money) installing a decent set of drop shocks so you can get a decent ride.
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
How about chrome plating the entire front and rear suspension and almost everything under the hood..... oh wait, UNDER $1,000.... my bad.
col. sanders   +1y
Front turn signal mod is a cheap one. On the Mazda's the turn signals are mounted below the bumper which is fine if your truck is of stock height but on lowered trucks this can be hard for the oncoming motorists to see.

The running/parking lights are in the corners of the front fenders, on the inside corners of the engine compartment you will also find the connectors that goes to the two lights. The corner lamps have a single filament bulb in them. Using a pair of pliers pull the bulb housing out clean up the hole with a file or Dremel. Go to your local parts store an buy two, one for each side, snap in dual filament sockets and bulbs. Now on the dual filament socket one wire will go to the parking light circut and the other will go to the turn signal. You can also replace the clear 1156 bulb that use to be the turn signal with an amber one. To me it makes the Yellow light more intense looks cooler too if you are running clear lenses.

The best part is this mod will cost you less than $20.00 okay maybe $30.00

I will take some pics and/or elaborate more in the future.
Post was last edited on May 19, 2011 04:05. This post has been edited 2 times.
stantheman   +1y

Lil more on this please?
toddluck   +1y
makes your side markers blink with bumper signals
stantheman   +1y
How do you do that? Just wire them together?
baha   +1y
This could be an epic sticky. Can anyone do a write up for these mods? I'll sticky this thread with a link to each write up!
1hotdawg   +1y
Interior seat swap. Lots of options.

Interior dress up, painting dash pieces, getting LE door panels, center consoles, etc.

Audio upgrades are always a biggy.

Stripe removal if you have the factory stripes. $30 eraser wheel, time and elbow grease.

Bed cover of sorts...got mine for $100 or so.

Rear bumper removal.

Toyo bumper swap up front.