Page 2 of 2
GuiltyByDesign.net \  Michigan Metal Works control arms now available

Michigan Metal Works control arms now available

GuiltyByDesign.net
views 7915
replies 19
following 10

tucknrimmaz   +1y
Gotta pay for the water jet. My grandparents charge 2 bucks a minute to run their water-jets. There is a fair bit of machine work on the cross shafts. But yea, we usually buy these trucks for less than that. lol
89mazdalade   +1y
that sounds crazy i can build these for a 1/2 the price at my job and still make a profit, with napa unbreakable ball joints which r 60 bux each. I never seen some1 get charged by the minute for water jet cutting just program and set-up and material costs especially on production run pieces maybe i could see that charge applying to one off pieces. Also on the cross shafts i just see where they mount to the frame there notched and faced with a end-mill bit and either the cross shafts turned down and or the DOM tubing turned down still dont come close to a 1000 bux and shipping would be another 100 bux cuz they weigh probably 60 lbs.
89mazdalade   +1y
hell i dont even see any zerk fittings atleast stock mazda shafts have zerk fittings and these custom arms are intended for adjustable suspension that would be a no brainer to have
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Yea that was for custom one off parts. I agree that 1000 is crazy.
lowlyfe   +1y
You guys realize these arms come with jeebus joints in the upper arms instead of a traditional balljoint? They also include billet machine joint caps. They are pricey but they allow for more travel than trad. balljoints.
I'm not saying I feel they are worth $1000 but I understand that they cost money to build them, and on top of it a company has to make a profit to continue to stay open. Don't forget the middle man who has to make a profit for selling them on his website too.
mymmeryloss   +1y
No theyre a grand on mmw website.

Theyre quality. Dont get me wrong and im buying them. Didnt mean to start a huge deal. Just was wondering if we got a mazdabscene discount.

Goddamn guys...
mymmeryloss   +1y
Heres a little something to justify the price for you guys.

The cando arms are $700 and use a traditional ball joint setup. They havent been designed for extra lift or for enormous wheels. The jeebus joints that mmw uses are $300 in themselves. So say you have arms built that are like the cando or you buy cando and add jeebus joints yourself you will still have paid $1000.
lowlyfe   +1y
I bought a set of upper control arms with jeebus joints from MMW for my bagged T'Bird, Cost me $500. Nobody makes a custom control arm for TBirds so I sent my stock arm in and he built a 1-off set. They gave me the much needed travel to lay out and untuck my 20's by almost 4 inches. The arms he makes aren't just "thrown together" I can surely attest to that.
lowlyfe   +1y

Not to mention that my brother had to wait a LONG time to get his control arms from CanDo, and didnt even get his full order... MMW is faster than most, and the customer service *after* the sell is better than most as well.
I'm not affiliated with them, in case anybody is wondering lol, i'm just a satisfied customer that likes to see a business doing well because they deserve it.
guilty by design   +1y
Theres alot of cost involved in the arms, has anyone priced a 4'x8' chunk of 1/2'' thick steel lately? The jeebus joints are expensive as stated, and yes the capabilities of a waterjet need to be paid for. From what ive seen they are the last arm youll need to buy.