GuiltyByDesign.net \  Kalebs Ranger Re-do

Kalebs Ranger Re-do

GuiltyByDesign.net
views 11040
replies 50
following 21

guilty by design   +1y
thread post photo

This truck was just bagged by an "infamous" shop that works on "customs" and kaleb brought it in for a total redo. He got it right before sparks 5 and i had talked to him at the show about what he wasnt happy with. We found the air compressors zip tied to the frame and the gastank was held in with a ratchet strap. When he got home after the show the compressors fell off and the driveshaft snapped due to the cab not being notched. I got it sunday and did my inspection... not good. We will start at the back and work our way foward.

The bumper is shimmed about 1/2'' on the pass side. Not sure is the bed is crooked or its the frame.
thread post photo

The auxillary battery is held in with a metal band used for securing shipping boxes, note the huge power wide located between the frame and strap.
thread post photo

The bed had been channeled 7'' and to make up the gap they welded in tubing on only the front and rear 2 mounts. These tubes are actually welded in so now the bed cant be unbolted.
thread post photo

The c notches are a joke. Also note the shocks that hit the bump stop perches that were left on the axle.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Kaleb said they could not put gas in the cell, i found out why.
thread post photo

Heres the $200 new exhaust with 50 series muffler
thread post photo

thread post photo

The driveshaft rubbed the cab lad out, hit the carrier bearing crossmember at full lift
thread post photo

Shocks
thread post photo

Front bags already rubbing due to frame not being cut out. They also used floater cups.
thread post photo

Front Z
thread post photo

Firewall shaved
thread post photo

Drivers side trailer fender rubs the booster, also note the harness not only not relocated, but just shoved through its hole. I can stick 4 fingers through from the inside.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Battery just laying there not mounted
thread post photo

The motor ran like shit, we found a major vaccum line taken off and have no idea where it went.
thread post photo

And remember the bumper being shimmed down on the pass side? The pass side of the hood is shimmed up.
thread post photo

Neither one of the doors shut properly at the moment, were hoping the frame wasnt twisted.

All of this could be yours at the low low price of...
thread post photo

thread post photo

Plans are a total frame redo from the notches-back. Relocate air management, lever 4 link, notch cab for driveshaft, redo frontend, and get the motor running correctly. Ill be starting in a few days.
baha   +1y
Man that's horrible and the price is the real kicker! I think I know what shop this is from the hint. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
As much as I hate bashing other shops, Kyle I think you should post up the shop name. This is DANGEROUS not just crappy.

On a side note are you going to be in your shop around Christmas time? Im gonna be back up that way and may want to swing by and talk at you.
v8mazda4ever   +1y
same here do not like bashing other shops but danm man people definitly need to be warned about getting screwed over and having thier ride destroyed hope the frame is not totally f-d up. Put the name of the shop up and I must say i liked the way they wrote out what they are doing for 9847.07. I think if I read it and saw this at the end I would run AND ALOT OF OTHER STUFF. TO be honest for 10 grand that truck should have had alot more done danm but i would have been there to see what waas going on and definitly looked over my ride before paying.
hunterw   +1y
I just threw hp a little in my mouth. That's horrible!!! Can they be taken to court over something like this? The job they did could indanger his life and others
baha   +1y

That got me too, I've never seen a business put those words in an invoice before lol
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
Man what a hack job. Glad to see its in better hands. Looks like from the "" he was hinting around it was Infamous Customs that did the work.
bagged89mazda   +1y
2 link?
91extcab   +1y
perhaps the quoted words "infamous" and "customs" are a hint to the name... maybe the shop is called "infamous customs"...
91extcab   +1y
a quick search of infamous customs found me their MYSPACE page where they uploaded plenty of photos of their hack job... enjoy