threads
Back To Page - Tennessee Wheel and Tire
Page 3 of 4
Tennessee Wheel and Tire \  20" Direct Bolts are in the HOUSE!!!

20" Direct Bolts are in the HOUSE!!!

Tennessee Wheel and Tire
views 10236
replies 38
following 21

lockone   +1y
The load range on the tire depends on the size/diameter you want. We have sold a few sets of the Nitto Dura Grapplers with a load range E tire and they work great.

These are a bit more $$$ than the normal sets you see on eBay because I have made some additional machining upgrades to them that should allow them to tuck more underneath the fenders.

We are working on a Square in the shop right now and may test them out on it just for picture purposes.
jcampbell1180   +1y

Next to what really happened in Roswell, NM, this is the best kept secret in the US right now. These things have been on the street for a while now and *NO ONE* has posted any pics of them on a square.

thread post photo

Be nice to see a few shots of an un-milled set mounted as well.
Post was last edited on May 16, 2013 07:05. This post has been edited 2 times.
jcampbell1180   +1y

You're telling me that AE went to all this damn trouble and *still* can't make a set of wheels that tuck without having to be futzed with in some fashion? :SMH:
Post was last edited on May 14, 2013 11:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
jcampbell1180   +1y

Anything in a 27"-28" load rated tire? I don't necessarily need it to be "E" rated, but an "LT" would be nice.
someotherguy   +1y
Campster..

Trevor may know of some but I'm betting they are few and far between.

Hankook has a few XL rated Ventus AS RH07 in the 28~29" range and just above 2000 lbs load rating.

Bump up to just barely 30" (29.9 or whatever) in 275/45/20 and you have like half a dozen brands with 2300+ lb load rating.

Gotta run at least some sidewall height to get the load capacity, unfortunately.

Richard
jcampbell1180   +1y

$1.5-$2k for tires?! Fo-get that noize.

Especially when you consider they're still only "XL" rated and not likely to last very long. Make a Nig fall outta love with those 20's in a hurry.
alkyman   +1y
You're telling me that AE went to all this damn trouble and *still* can't make a set of wheels that tuck without having to be futz with in some fashion? :SMH:[/quote]

it looks like these wheels were made for lowered dually crowd and it is a shame they didn't make them to tuck without fender work or narrowed rearend whats the advantage? other than no adapters.i have the 19.5 on my lowered 2005 and i was really wanting these when they first came out but now i think i,ll keep what i got even though i don,t like the tall tire look and the shitty ride
someotherguy   +1y
Campy - clicking the link you provided, looking at 275/45/20, here's a shitload XL rated under $1K for a set of four, with 2337 lb load ratings -

Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 $880
Hankook Ventus AS RH07 $504
Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS $850
Firestone Destination ST $656
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimetrico $896
Sumitomo HTR Sport H/P $556
Yokohama Parada Spec-X $672
Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport $996
General Grabber UHP $540

C'mon mang!

alkyman - only so much you can do with a wheel and still have 4 of them out back and attempt to fit a lowered truck with stock fenders, stock rear end width, stock leaf spring placement, etc. You have to modify something. The wheels can't do ALL the magic. They already did some of it by giving you a direct-bolt 20" dually wheel that didn't exist before...and they attempted to make them a LITTLE bit easier to fit under the truck, sounds like Trevor is doing a little more on top of that (assuming he's machining the flange thinner to make the overall combo narrower), in the end though it's still a non-stock application and you gotta make some changes somewhere for it to all come together.

Richard
jcampbell1180   +1y

Feels teh fail.
thread post photo
krewzlo   +1y
my 24's were only $800 for the tires lol