Page 2 of 2
Tennessee Wheel and Tire \  22" Simi wheels

22" Simi wheels

Tennessee Wheel and Tire
views 4673
replies 17
following 6

pachecokustomz   +1y
Hey TNWheels I have a ? 4 u. I live n the bay area & the town i live n we have this "PIG" that likes to pull over all the kustom rides and write them up. My ? is the tires that u have do they say P 265/35/22 or have no "P" this Pig will get on his knees to read the sidewall of the tire.
lockone   +1y
Well if he is looking for the letter "P" on the side of a truck tire then he doesn't know anything about tires and probably should do some research.

"P" before the tire size indicates that it is a passenger car tire.
"LT" indicates a light truck tire and no letter indicated a European metric size in most cases.

Most of the tires we use have an LT on them.
someotherguy   +1y
To add, plenty of duallys came from the factory with P type tires so trying to write people up on that is completely bogus and can be fought, and I'd carry the fight all the way up to getting this guy written up himself for bogus tickets and harrassment.

LT's are better than P's on a heavier vehicle, but a P tire is NOT illegal. Don't let this jagoff get the best of you, get your buddies and other people you know that got ticketed this way, and fight it.

Richard
pachecokustomz   +1y
Thx TNWheel 4 the reply. This is a DOT pig and he loves his job. He likes to pull us over & harass us with "thats passenger car tires on a dually and it has to have LT on the sidewall." Is there anything in the DOT laws or standards that makes a P vs. LT illegal for load bearing? And how would I find this out for my state. So, my question for you is.....does the 265/35/22 tires have the P or LT? I ask because until I can get my azz outta Cali and in AZ I hate to have to park my dually. This guy is a real piece of work and every one in the city I live in knows him by name. Even some of the Judges don't like him. The hard part is that he really "acts" like he knows his stuff by spouting off codes and DOT regulations etc.
xtowtruck   +1y

Shop told me i couldn't put "p" rated tires on my Dually and refused work...
someotherguy   +1y
Look up the motor vehicle code for your state, print out the relevant pages, carry them in the truck. His memory isn't jack shit compared to printed code.

Yeah, he'll still find some way to jack with you, but he won't get away with writing you THAT ticket. If he does, take it to court with the same documentation and offer that you had it on hand when the fag wrote you the ticket anyway.

Richard
lockone   +1y
Out of all the tires I have here in the shop (about 40 sets and ranges from 15" to 24"), only ones set has a P or an LT on them and they are a set of Carlise trailer tires.

Just print out the motor vehicle code like Richard said and carry it with you. It has saved me a ticket several times on the bumper laws we have here in TN.
pachecokustomz   +1y
Hey guys I want to thank you for all the advice that you have given me. I will look up all that info.