threads
Back To Page - Tennessee Wheel and Tire
Page 2 of 2
Tennessee Wheel and Tire \  Big chrome nutz?

Big chrome nutz?

Tennessee Wheel and Tire
views 4072
replies 16
following 4

someotherguy   +1y
Two-piece with the large washer, so that I could use them without the clamping rings? They have that in chrome closed-end (acorn or whatever? style) ?

I've got some of those in 14mm X 1.50 that got me thinking about them, but of course they're the regular non-chrome open ended lugs.

Got a pic or a link? And what do you think about running those washer style lugs on these steel rims instead of clamping rings - especially on the front, where the load is spread out over 5 lugs instead of 10?

Richard
lockone   +1y
The lugs I found were not even chrome the were just the factory style black lug nut.

I dont think you will have any problems as long as the wheels are hub piloted and the clamps dont center the wheels in any way.
someotherguy   +1y
Well I have the factory lugs, so I don't need anything like that. I'm trying for chrome to give some contrast to an all black wheel on a black truck.

If I were to ditch the clamping rings and go to a two-piece flange nut, Gorilla makes some chrome like that, guy on Chevytalk just posted the link to them on Summit. From what I can tell looks like they're $11.69 EACH? How the hell can that be..

Richard
okcderek   +1y
That price would have suprised me till about a month ago. I had 4 studs on the rear drive axel on my Freightliner break. Its an older FLC model....I went to 5 stores, 3 dealers till I found someone that could help me find replacements. They were 24.00 a stud. And the only place that had them was in Ky...so had to pay another 65.00 to overnight them. And I needed 10 since I was putting a new brake drum on too, and the other studs didnt look too great either. 240.00 in studs alone.....I thought that was just rediculous. So as rediculous as it sounds......I am not suprised on the price of those lugnuts.
someotherguy   +1y
The other 5/8" lug nuts (the ones on Prestige's site) are only like $2/ea, but they're the wrong pitch on the coned seat.

Richard
lockone   +1y
I would say around $10 or so would be about right on the 2 piece flange nuts. The lugnuts I sale with our direct bolt 19.5s are around $5 each if they were bought seperately.

OKC, I know what you mean on the big rig stuff costing alot. Studs and Lugnuts are the main cost into our adapters.
someotherguy   +1y
I'm about ready to send the stinkin' factory open-end nuts to my little brother and have him Cosmi-Chrome them...except I don't think it would hold up to the impact socket! I could be wrong.

Maybe it'd be better to spray paint the lugs black, and have him Cosmi-Chrome the clamping rings...

Richard