Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  Fuel smell

Fuel smell

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1031
replies 5
following 2

booger69   +1y
I have 98 c3500 with 454 vortec at stop lights and at ideal it has a strong fuel smell it did it once in a gret while I couldn't find any fuel leaks but now it's getting more frequent I won't have time to look at till this weekend I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or where I should start
Also for awhile now you have to crank it 2 to 3 times before it starts acts like its not getting enough fuel if you shut it off and start it again it fires right up
someotherguy   +1y
Vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator might be rotted out. What sucks is it's hidden behind/underneath the rear of the plenum and is a sonofabitch to get to without taking the plenum off.

Charcoal cannister could be damaged or disconnected. I've seen 'em crack..

Richard
booger69   +1y
Thanks for the help it ended up being the fpr the clip that hold it in came ou
someotherguy   +1y
Damn! That coulda been a pretty bad leak. Glad you caught it. First I've heard of that coming undone, maybe someone had gone in there before and didn't seat the clip properly on re-install. It's a pretty stout snap ring fit.

Richard
booger69   +1y
The fpr fixed the smell and the pressure now I have the warm hard start I have seen a lot about doing the bosh injectors and it fixes this I was wondering if the stock mustang injectors are the same ones that they sell for the 7.4 vortec upgrade I have a friend that has a set out of his mustang he said I could have cheap I think it's right around a 2000 gt
booger69   +1y
so I changed the injectors and fpr and all was good for the last couple weeks but yesterday the fuel smell came back can't find anywhere where it is leaking
Page 1 of 1