Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  outer wheels wobble

outer wheels wobble

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1272
replies 7
following 3

domer   +1y
So i searched the wobble threads and didnt come up with an answer... so ive had a bad wobble in the rear end since i got the truck.. put new ujoints in. tightened up the output yoke bolt as it was loose, put on 4 new tires and 2 new shocks.. that has helped tremendously.. but i have it on jackstands right now working on the trans, i fired it up and cycled the gears and noticed that my out side alcoas are wobbling up and down.. but my inner steels appear to be fine... its both sides that do it.. anybody run into this problem?? thanks
domer   +1y
so its not a wobble, its a bounce... is there a way to center the wheels??
someotherguy   +1y
They're hub pilot, meaning the center bore of the wheel should fit fairly snug on the hub flange. If yours aren't fitting well right there then they may not be wheels intended for a Chevy but for something else with a larger hub. If that's the case you are probably scrued. Dunno if anybody makes a hubcentric ring that would work in that application.

Richard
79duallyc30   +1y
Domer, just a thought bro. Take your inners and switch them with the outters, and run the inners outside and cycle it then and see if it does it, process of elimination. Like I said just a thought, this way. U can see if it is the rim or the truck and go from there.

Sorry I don't use nice big words like Richard does
domer   +1y
Thanks for the info... I found an old thread that lockone said he made a ring for them... so im waiting a reply for him... billy I still have steelies on the inside and they are running true, I can see the alcoas are way out of alignment
79duallyc30   +1y
Ah! Very well.

On another note, sorry abut yesterday, we had to do a "face to face" with my mother in law. Kinda last minute thing.
domer   +1y
No problem man... ill get with you another day...
79duallyc30   +1y
Word
Page 1 of 1