Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  O2 SENSOR PROBLEM QUESTION

O2 SENSOR PROBLEM QUESTION

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 983
replies 3
following 3

killergraphicz   +1y
Ive got an 1996 crew cab 3500 with a 454 powerplant on trade, been driving it and it has started throwing o2 sensor code bank 1 sensor 2. Ive replaced the 02 sensors and egr valve and it still does it. It runs great untill the code shows up. and on my scan tool I have done a run scan and it is showing o2 sensor mon-- inc. and o2 sensor htr---inc.. Was just wondering has anyone seen this before and where are the monitor and htr located on the 454. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
mobboss   +1y
had this prob on my 97 tahoe. your best bet is to take it on a long drive . and open it up. basically you need to clean it out.
someotherguy   +1y
How about, post the exact code #'s you have instead of what your scan tool called 'em, that might help.

Bank (anything) sensor #2 is the post-cat sensor which is only meant to monitor the catalyst efficiency, in other words whether or not it thinks your cats have gone bad (or are missing.) They generally will not cause any difference in how the truck runs whether the post-cat O2 sensors are good, bad, or missing....so you likely have other issues and it's just showing up as sensor codes and driveability issues, so far.

Richard
killergraphicz   +1y
O sorry the code is PO140, yeah its a post cat sensor ive had the exhaust replaced do to someone jack legging the exhaust to make it loud or what ever they where trying to do so it has new cats and mufflers. It runs fine only thing that I am noticing is if the code is present during start up it loads up and floods it self out and I have clear the code and let it set for awhile before it will start. Yesterday I put a little seafoam in it to clean it out and cleaned the connectors to the o2s and I noticed the the wire had been cut and spliced back togeather do you know if the sensors are voltage sensitive.
Page 1 of 1