Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  hydrobooster bleeding

hydrobooster bleeding

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1018
replies 5
following 5

shad_rack   +1y
i have a hydro booster on my '82 chevy c30 was wondering if any one knows how to bleed them. I cant get any fluid flow to the passenger side caliper. i can get a little when the motor is running but none with it off. any help would be greatly appreciated.
someotherguy   +1y
Hydroboost makes no difference, that's just the booster function, bleed procedure is the same as if it was a vacuum booster or not even power brakes.

If you can't get any fluid to flow then the flex hose is probably collapsed inside, if you replace them, replace both. May not be the problem but it's cheap and easy and they DO go bad.

Also, could be crud buildup in the calipers if the brake system has been neglected. Brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air (your master cylinder cap is vented) and most people never flush out their brakes, ever; water builds up and corrosion sets in. If your calipers are ancient, you might find they're the problem, too.

Richard
jcampbell1180   +1y
Yeah. That's what I was gonna say.
shad_rack   +1y
thanks for the information
comegetsome   +1y
i had to replace both of mine on my new truck....truck had been sittin for 4 years and within a week of getting it back on road one had busted and the other had come apart on inside...would let fluid to caliper but wouldnt release after the brake pedal was released
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
i would be willing to bet money that both of my front calipers are stuck on my truck....
Page 1 of 1