threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  S-10 Blazer suspension?

S-10 Blazer suspension?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 875
replies 4
following 3

psychosurfer   +1y
Hey everyone, we bought my wife a 1996 2 wheel drive Blazer with 250k miles. It was lowered (incorrectly) by the previous owner. SHE decided that one slammed truck at the house is enough, so UP hers needed to go (back to stock height.

We installed "new" springs from the local yard, new upper and lower ball-joints.

Here is my question: with no steering currently attached to the spindles, it is HARD to turn the spindle left to right by hand. Is this normal? We have yet to do the other, worn out, side. It is VERY sloppy loose.

Is this difficult turning normal? If not, what might I have done wrong or need to look for?

THANKS!
someotherguy   +1y
What brand ball joints did you use? Maybe crummy brand with bad tolerances on the stud size...or overtorqued?

Also, possible they gave you the wrong ball joints? Look 'em up and double-check the counter guy.

Richard
psychosurfer   +1y
Double checked the parts, they are correct. They are moog and torqued to spec...

It's not so hard that you need additional leverage, but I'm pretty sure Amber would not be able to turn it.

Thoughts?
83baggedduallylee   +1y
Sometimes new balljoints are stiff I would go ahead hook up the steering and turn it with the engine running so the power steering pump will do all the work. Work it back and forth a few times then u can check them again after they've loosened up a bit
psychosurfer   +1y
So, here is what happened: Nothing! I put it all together, had it aligned and have put around 1,000 miles on it. I tore it back down and everything seems even (side to side) and rides GREAT!

Thanks for the input everyone!
Page 1 of 1