Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  need some help asaap

need some help asaap

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1946
replies 12
following 6

dsfab   +1y
i have a 93 ck3500 454 tbi just replaced the heads truck fired on first turn ran good for 20 mins at idle tried to drive it around the block sputters and diesso i replaced the tps and the idle fluquation stopped drove it again sputters really bad and wil fire and die any help will be great i also dont have or have access to a scan tool
pig rig   +1y
is it throwing codes? if the check engine light not coming on dont worry about try'n to read codes
it sounds like it not getting fuel or way to much what all did you do to the engine
dsfab   +1y
no codes adjusted the timing go t it idling better but bogs and has no respnse to throttle after a 1/4 of the throttle is depressed
sumochop   +1y
why did replace the heads were they messed up did u replace with new heads or used check the ignition module in distributer sound like it. fixed a few before when module gets hot will start to miss then die it gets hot and causes weird problems just like that
bigcat   +1y
Valve adjustment correct? Also, check the ground wires that go on the thermostat housing or right in that area, they MUST be clean.
dsfab   +1y
heads were cracked, and a few bent valves 3 broken push rods.. there is no adjustment on the valves, after i got the timing right it idles smooth revs fine in park as soon as you put a load on the motor it bogs out. i can drive it wit minimal throttle and get up to speed but i cant give it more than 1/4 throttle, or it sputters.. module in the distributor isnt the problem cuz its not a heat related problem, i cant figure it out
big bear   +1y
sounds like it hurt lol poor motor
sumochop   +1y
u can takeintake vacume at idle and at the point that it bogs out will tell u which way to start diagnosing the prob should be good vac at idle and thru the taking off to get up to speed
bigcat   +1y
How did the valves get bent? They had to contact the piston to bend, or some foriegn object went through there. How did all this start?
pig rig   +1y
when I bent my valves and pushrods it was because the timing chain jumped (a few
) but Ive seen it on hi horsepower engines when the hydrolic

so did you say it will bild power as you ease into the throtle but if you try to power down it falls on its face? does it back fire through the intake when you get on it?