Page 2 of 3
Dually Projects \  FailCrew 1986 c30 Dually

FailCrew 1986 c30 Dually

Dually Projects
views 10929
replies 23
following 7

jumpduckfckup   +1y
By the way we found one more problem today! Guys from PB sent us wrong dropmember!! We have Level 1 - Mild except Level 3 - Extreme ! It is the sames as Level 2, but little differnrt with Level 1...
So we upgrated it a little bit))

thread post photo

Cut the 2.5" difference and replaced steering rack! now it works like original Lev2/3!

Unfortunatly we had fail with our first order from PB FAB - guys from LowToys.fi who must send the order didnt do it.. we waited 6 month and finaly they told us that they forgot to order it (( But my friend who order PB kit few weeks after me recieved it! The problem was with types of kits! He ordered kit with coilovers, not bags... So we need to replace some details on custom made)))
ghostwhite   +1y
Good catch, I wondered because of the Extreme(level 3) requires notching for the steering and I saw you didn't have to notch it. Your mods look good!

I have the level 3 Extreme waiting to go on as well.
jumpduckfckup   +1y

We cut of piece of frame for sreering rack! thats it
But i have problem with spindels! do you know what manufacturer they usind in their kit?? 2.5 dropped with -1.25 wide
and question about front brake system OEM or conversion?
ghostwhite   +1y
What problems are you having? I think there is only two or three different spindles for the c30 chassis so it should be easier to narrow down.

I have western chassis spindles but I don't think I got them direct from Porterbuilt.

thread post photo

If you need any measurements or more detailed pictures let me know.

Did you already ream the steering arms out to 5/8" like detailed in the installation instructions.
jumpduckfckup   +1y

HUGE thanks
no! i didnt ream them, cuz im not sure about the spindels! this is original one, but i need dropped! PB didnt answer me about the hub! is it possible to use original 8 lug with long distance from brake disc to wheel like this

thread post photo

you can use your 8 lug hub with new spindels?
jumpduckfckup   +1y
Meanwhile Alex finishing with cabine....

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

......We tryin to install the engine! we made new engine mounts for LS series with factory A/C.

thread post photo

thread post photo

Now we need to modify places for mounts on the dropmember for best stability!
We ll do it tomorrow)

thread post photo

thread post photo

!!! its inside!

thread post photo
ghostwhite   +1y

Not a problem

Yes, you can re-use the 8 lug dually hubs. The c30 drop spindles are designed to do just that, work with all the factory equipment.
terryh   +1y
Very cool project! It's looking super!!
jumpduckfckup   +1y
HI! Yesturday we put the body on the frame! Im happy!

thread post photo

thread post photo

Today we cut off the floor and drop the cabine on the ground!!!

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

.... still waiting the answer from manufacturer about dropped spindels!

thread post photo
lownslow68   +1y
Looks great. Uve Done more work on yours than I have on mine since I've owned it lol.
Did u already extend the rear fenders or change the rearend?