Page 1 of 4
Dually Projects \  91 crew cab project

91 crew cab project

Dually Projects
views 7916
replies 33
following 9

onelowoneton   +1y
Acquired this gem earlier this year and have been slowly making my progress with her. Have had a few project vehicles but this is my first all out build, still on a learning curve with some trial and error lol, starting my tread out with how she started up to now. Was lowered a little already but was done wrong, had cut and headed springs in the front. The rear had a flip kit and notch, (notch is not big enough which i will be replacing on this tear down) also first thing on the list was tinted windows...

thread post photo

thread post photo

Has a stock 350 with 4 speed bull dog, motor has newer model heads and has been switched over to rollers. tbi had a few issues so i just removed it as the motor needed a little dressing to begin with

thread post photo

thread post photo

Not a big fan of the single headlight front ends and have always been partial to phantom grills on a square body even though I know they have been done to death. so i got a new support with the dual headlights (upper/lowers) so i could run the full phantom without having to recess the single light it had. truck had some mild damage on both front fenders so i replaced the passenger side due to the damage in the body line and kept the driver side.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Next up was to remove the 2 massive fuel tanks and put in the 20 gallon fuel cell. even with jacking it up the tanks were a pain in the ass to remove. After removing the tanks to some time with a grinder a flapper wheel to clean up the old neglected frame, mocked up the cell mounted it between the rear frame rails with some angle iron.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
onelowoneton   +1y
After that i put my new lugs on and at this point i was close to bagging it so i went ahead and put my 3" drop spindles on, which made the truck drag everywhere i went as you can see in the pic the cross member was almost laying on the ground and the tires were hitting the inner fender that had "modified" with a hammer to make it home that night lol.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

shaved all 4 door handles and installed a popper kit from avs which turned out to be an install and work awesome, also shaved all the stake pockets one the bed, replaced the old cab lights with the newer body style clear led lights which are a little more low profile, replaced the side marker lights on the fenders with clear lights and leds and the same on the front of the truck

thread post photo

the holes for lights had to be slightly modified for the new lights
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
sadistic636   +1y
Looks good man. Where'd you find those lugs?
sadistic636   +1y
Nevermind... Found um
luifer76   +1y
nice looking rig man....
luifer76   +1y

where? post a link for us please!
onelowoneton   +1y
Thanks guys, the spikes are available in many sizes on many different sites.

bluex   +1y
Do those lugs come with a special socket?
onelowoneton   +1y
Should come with a socket. The set i ordered did. They are on a few different sites for different prices shapes and colors. The 2 summit links 1st is cchrome 2nd is black. Just Google search spike lug nuts and several should pop up.
big bear   +1y
Trucks looking badass man. Love the progress. Are those the 88-98 clear Chevy roof lights\clearance lights ? what exactly did you have to modify to run them? The mounting holes? Does the new lense cover hole no prob?I'm guessing you needed whole setup,the actual housing,lense cover,pigtail? Sorry for all the questions.just love the look.very curious