threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Projects \  91 Chevy basket case.

91 Chevy basket case.

Dually Projects
views 3970
replies 19
following 7

jardine   +1y
Picked this truck up about 1 month ago. Looks like the slam job is a kit and a cheap one at that. Front shocks were blown because they were too long. I wanted to run OE length KYBs because they are a good gas shock and I have a bunch of them kicking around brand new.
Here is what I did:
post photo
post photo
post photo
jardine   +1y
More. Sorry about the order of pics its kinda backwards. If thats how you work it will be perfect.
post photo
post photo
post photo
jardine   +1y
I suppose i could've gotten some "lowered shocks" but the ones I found were just old oil types for way too much money. The gas shocks work soo much better and I already have them. And I can run down to NAPA and get more.
Now onto the rear. It's pretty bad. It has a flip kit but the pinion angle is pointing up about 5*. It's putting a lot of stress on the carrier and starts getting that harmonic vibration at 120mph. The front shackles are dropped and the rears are cut and welded. I plan on doing some sort of truck arm set up with watts link and cantilever. I plan on towing goosenecks with truck and can't have half the bed gone or a big hump in the middle.
If you guys see anything bad TELL me!!
Thanks,
Jerod Jardine
post photo
jardine   +1y
Truck rides 10 times better. don't bottom out now After further investigation one spring was out of the pocket on top and wiped out one of the old shocks, so that side was shot. The other side had OE shock in it with about 1.5" of travel. It wasn't blown just wore out.
I didn't notice any markings on the spindles. Is their somewhere i can measure to tell if and how much are they dropped?
Thanks,
Jerod Jardine
jardine   +1y
Took her to Indiana to pick up our new dyno last week. About 2800 miles round trip. I forgot how nice and comfy these old trucks are to drive. I drove straight through on the way down because I was late getting outa here. I coulda never done that in my '06. I'm ready to get outa that thing after about 500 miles. The dyno weighs 10k another 2k of steel cover plates and the trailer about 3k. Needless to say them Iowa concrete interstate was rough and made for a long haul. Gotta get the ass end lined out.
post photo
leedogg   +1y
Nice!
big bear   +1y
Hell yea. Coming along jus fine
66 road whore   +1y
IF YOU HAVE TIME NEED SOME ADVICE
jardine   +1y
I've got time. You need advice or do you have some to give? Either way I'm game!
66 road whore   +1y
IM LOWERING 1991 CHEVY WHAT WOULD YOU USE FOR FRONT SUSPENSION (PARTS) AND ALSO I HAVE A 21' BOAT I WILL BE PULLING, PLANNING ON DOING (WESTERN) FLIP KIT DO I NEED HELPER BAGS? ALSO IF YOU CAN STEER ME IN RIGHT DIRECTION TO GET THE PARTS NEEDED TO COMPLETE PROJECT, IM NEW TO THE DUALLY SCENE DONT KNOW WHAT PRICES ARE OR THE PLACE TO GET THEM

THANKS