Page 10 of 10
Dually Projects \  new kid in the neighborhood

new kid in the neighborhood

Dually Projects
views 16668
replies 97
following 22

iarodder   +1y
So now the truck is done for the most part, today when I get home I need to go get someone to make a leader hose to go from the water trap to the tank and I'll be in business. I also need my check valve from ebay yet then i'll be good to go. I'm getting really impatient to drive my truck? No-one could make me a leader hose yesterday the joy of living in small town Iowa on a Sunday. I still have a lot to finish like the floor in the bed and other small stuff but it will have to wait while I catch up on other projects, winter is coming......
iarodder   +1y
So one minor update is that I did manage to get the goose ball plate mounted back in the truck before it got colder than shit and I have since bought a gooseneck trailer....yeah! LOL I have been driving the snot out of it and so far haven't had too many issues, although the water trap exploded coming home from the scraper with the trailer in tow, that was fun. Bought a new one and replaced it and so far there have been minimal issues. I seem to have a slow leak down on the right front, if it wasn't for that it would have zero leak down probs. The rear is rock solid with no issues but I have had a few things in the front. The look on peoples faces with a bagged dually in small town Iowa is priceless! I have even had it out in sub freezing weather with no issues so far? Time will tell, in the spring work will continue on it.
ghostwhite   +1y
Awesome build, any updated pics of it?
iarodder   +1y
Thanks for the compliment on the sled, I haven't done anything to it since last fall other than drive it. I had to use it a couple weeks ago to go rescue my buddies Chevelle that he grenaded, so I finally used the gooseneck trailer for the reason that I bought it.....It pulled good but the trailer is going to need some serious mods to continue to be a car trailer. We had a hell of a time loading the Chevelle on it because the dovetail is terrible, it was really a equipment trailer and I had hopes of making it a car trailer, it's gonna need a lot of work. As far as the truck goes I haven't touched it hardly, so the last pics of it in this thread are still current? I just have too many projects going on currently to work on it and the car show season is starting so my weekends are about to get really busy.
iarodder   +1y
So I've been working on the rig lately, and decided that I wanted a floor in the bed finally. I started out with a tube frame built in the bed, then started to sheet it. Next was to prep the metal, then primer it. After all the prepping and primer I plan on doing a roll in bed liner kit, as the weather permits....the truck is too long to fit in the garage. LOL
post photo
post photo
iarodder   +1y
Here are a few more pic's of the progress....
post photo
post photo
75dually   +1y
I really like your idea. I have been wondering what I need to do with mine. What gauge sheet metal did you use for the top?
iarodder   +1y
16 Ga. It works good, but it did warp because I got in a hurry welding....anyone ever used the herculiner DIY bed liner kit and had good success? I'm thinkin that is what I'm going to try when I get it prepped.