Dually Projects \  IIGW.org 83 Crew Cab

IIGW.org 83 Crew Cab

Dually Projects
views 41627
replies 219
following 31

bk2life   +1y

Here are a few more pics of the truck.

We have been working hard on it, and my neighbors probably hate me, as we are moving into the new shop in about 48 hours.

I hate working in the garage at the house, and well kinda brings me back to my roots..lol

Oh well, we should the air ride done, the rear bag mounts will be temporary to get the truck to the new place, and then some tube work will be performed at the new place.

The plan is to the the fifth wheel mount right above the bed rails. This way we can swap it for a stripper pole at the local hang outs, and mount a platform and get the b*tches up there twirlin and doing their thang
okcderek   +1y
I love the stripper pole/5th wheel plan......
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
truck looks good. it coming along real nice...

what size tires are on the truck??
bk2life   +1y

ill get the size for ya, there just about 31 inches tall. about the same as a 275-30-24
bk2life   +1y
ok so for an update, im "all" moved in to the new house. there has been and is still soooooo much to do.

the main power box is on one side, and the foundation for the new shop is over 120 feet away, so that's going to be some expensive wiring to the new sub-box.

anyways, the dually is all welded up, and no air-ride installed. im hoping this coming weekend i can get the control arms pulled to get the bag mounts done, and the new ball joints/bushings installed. (i found out the drivers LCA bushings are way worn..)

we got this thing to lay out with no spindles, so ive got a bit more negative camber than most.

waiting on the lokar shifter to get here.

and thats about it.
racker   +1y
Lookin' good man. Makes me want to bring in mine and start cutting, but with two jobs and a side bussiness, were do you find time. Besides, warm weather is here, so time to start cruising the Crew. Keep up the great work, gives me alot of BAD ideas.
bk2life   +1y
Scored a cowl hood today for $80 bucks...

some sort of goofy vented thing in the front, but i can weld the holes up.
bk2life   +1y
Got the rear bags installed, about 20 psi and she
racker   +1y
Sounds cool. Can not wait to see it painted and dont forget to post pictures of the car show.
big bear   +1y
great progress man...hope the show went well