Page 55 of 55
Dually Projects \  77 CC squarebody sfbd build thread..it rolls and runs

77 CC squarebody sfbd build thread..it rolls and runs

Dually Projects
views 127144
replies 546
following 80

sparkys-crewcab   +1y
I will update this thread really soon with pictures of my progress... I know it has been a loooooong while since I have posted anything. Life,job,family,stress etc have got in the way of me working on the truck, and now im ready to get back outside and get some shit done. life is to short to set around and do nothing...hahahaha

I bought a complete set of Intellitronix "create a dash" LED digital gauges (in red of course..lol) This setup is a cheaper alternative to the Dakota digital dash that cost around 650.00.. I paid 208 shipped for everything. comes with 4 small gauges and 2 bigger tach and speedometer gauges, plus all the spedo,oil and water sensors and everything to mount it into the dash. The only bad part is I have to wire everything up. but it should be a lot simpler than the Dakota dash. (ive installed one before) its a pain in the ass.

I just dropped 230 bux on 2 brand new slam specialties SS8 airbags. ( I have 2 re7 in the back now and I need more lift)... they should be here next week..

I still need to weld up the rear suspension lower airbag plates and fully weld the link bars to the rear end. , then finish pulling out the old wheel wells and get the rear dually fenders solid mounted. New tires are on my list to buy. Ive found a new set of six 16's for 270 bux locally..

The hood I had was bowed in the middle and had a crack in the sheetmetal (typical hood) . I was at the junkyard a few weeks ago and found a 76 with a perfect orange hood...lol.. it fits better than the old one. I am thinking about cutting up the 2 hoods I have left over to build a bed cover. //cut the front part and vents off of each hood and weld them together so all is left is that raised middle part of the hood... sounds good in my head, may not work out. but what the hell right?

I pulled the big a$$ headliner out and im going to redo it in black suede. Along with the trim that holds the headliner up. Ive already bought the black suede and glue. black carpet is next on the list to buy.Basically, the interior will be all black except the seats and console. seats will be a really dark red Leather. I bought a full size leather hide last week for 55 bux. I love ebay...hahaha!

Im going to build a wood console out of unfinished pallet wood (stained dark red). It is going to house 1 large 4000w Hifonics XXCyclops amp mounted upside down so you will see the boards of the amp. plexi will cover the amps bottom. should look really cool all lit up in red led lights.. If I have room inside the console. I want to hide 4 big batteries inside it as well. im going to use 2 FI BTL 18's in a huge ported box that will set in the bed and fire into the cab. a big hole will be cut in the bed and cab. im not sure if I have the room. I have 8 JBL 6x9's and 4 JBL 5x8's ,four 5.25 PHD components (4 mids/4 tweets) and two 1" polk momo tweeters. lol

The exhaust will have to be redone. The mufflers (under the cab) wont let the cab set down on the frame completely. mufflers are hitting the floorboards in the front causing the cab to vibrate badly... I spent 65 bux on a giant box of blem 3 inch pipe bends from a muffler shop on ebay. I have enough pipe to replace the mufflers under the cab and still have enough to go around the rear end. ( so I can get pipes to exit out of the middle of the bumper where the license plate is supposed to go)...

Ive got my eye on this air compressor setup for 225 shipped on ebay. two 480c compressors and a 5 gallon tank, 2 relays and pressure sensor.. seems legit.. my manual valves will still be used.
A new intake manifold is on my list to buy. found one on ebay for 100 bux shipped...I want to make sure the carb doesn't hit the hood with a normal air cleaner. the drop base air cleaner I bought doesn't jive with the street demon carbs linkage....

The more I type, the more stuff I can think of that needs to be done. lhahahhaha

I will post some pics this weekend....
watahyahknow   +1y
it good to see things are starting to look up for people , there lost builds being picked up all over the fora's
i'm thinkering with a weird engine for american cars at the moment to put intoo my truck once i got it running on a teststand
its registered as a 6 inline and i need to put one back in it or it will fail the yearly checkup
its a jaguar aj6 engine little under 4 liter about 230 hp stock 24 valve twin overhead cam fully aluminium
its originally develloped to become a dieselengine and its build like a bridge incredibly strong the crank has huge mains and rod bearings
you basicly have to drop a grenade in it to get it to stop running a lot lighter than the 305 v8 it replaces , plans are to put a turbo on it
the transmission will be the jaguar version of the 4l80e , internally the same as the gm version but in a different housing

looking forward to see the build progressing

been looking intoo this dash :
" target="_blank
the guy building it is russian or polish or sumtin like that
from way i understood the setup runs piggyback of all the sensors on the engine for its data totaly outside the ecu so it could be run on a carburated engine too if you add a few sensors to it
i uses a flat screen monitor of a weird narrow wide size that i seen on sunvisor monitors and it runs of an ardroid computer some added hardware to convert the data for the android and software he build for it
fully customizable can change the look and the shape of the gauges to suit youre needs and wants can even put the monitor behind a facia and move the gauges on the monitor untill they line up
nice thing anbout this setup is allso that it include stuff like the check engine light hi beam indicator oil wanrning and that sorta stuff that usually involves adding on led lights
he gave me a price indication of 500 to 600 dollar and its the bare kit ,you need to build it intoo a dash
he did mention that he could make the gauges the wayyou want them before shipping
McClure   +1y
Well this is my first post on the site, I don't have a dually, but have driven one bagged n bodied, love the stance of something that big and that low, I build 47-54 chevy pickups now. To sale. Almost have a 52 done. Anyways.

Hoping sparky is alive and well, don't know you or anyone els here, but I have read thru this thread front to back, and even go back thru to look at pics over again, your a very inspiring builder, to show what you can do in the drive way, with a grinder welder etc, and the budget build is awesome, you have done great work. This thread was more then just a dually build, it was your life put into the thread which was awesome, sorry to hear about your dad, your dog etc, but you kept on keeping on, hopefully I can get me a dually soon and follow how you stock floored yours, keep up the good work, and the last post was 3 months ago, hopefully you'll see this post and get us more pics! Lol,
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
Mclure- Thanks bud for the kind words.. i've never thought of myself as a inspiring builder.... :)

Wow! Its hard to believe its been more than a year since i have updated my build thread.. I bet a bunch of you guys have finished your trucks already..lol

A big thanks to all you guys on here pushing me to do work..

I finally have a good paying job and have alot more cash to throw at my truck. I can now not be so cheap on the stuff the truck needs like before..Im still a cheap bastard...lol So reeeally soon i will post up some more pictures of the progress ive made.
Ive still got a long way to go.. but like i always say... it will be worth it when im done (if i ever get done). hahahaha!

:::::Stuff rattling around in my head::::::

Ive changed the intake so the carb don't hit the hood anymore.. still need to put a timing light on the engine and set time..

I installed a clear distributor cap and rotor, and a new set of chrome valve covers..

Bought two 220 amp alternators, 2 nsb 170ah batteries, 4 nsb70ah batteries for the audio system...should be good enough to power a 9,000 watt system.. maybe..lol
still haven't decided if i want to make a blowthrough or just put the speaker box where the backseat should be..??????

I need to convert the v belt crap to a serpentine setup. ( march performance pulleys cost 213.00 for the alt,water pump and crank. The power steering pulley is 85 bux!) will get that bought next week..
Ive got the new power steering pump bracket (35 bux). just have to get outside and install it..

The mufflers are going to be cut off tomorrow .. the cab will set right on the mounts after the mufflers are gone..

The rockers need the rust holes fixed.( i have new rockers to fix everything)

The bed needs to come back off so i can finish painting the frame and welding the airbag brackets. Im also going to finish running 2x4 steel from the back of the cab to the c notch..
The front end still needs front shocks installed.. ( i have all the stuff. just need to do it)

The power steering gear box has started leaking.. damit..... ( i have the seals to fix. just need to do it) or i could just buy a new one for 165 bux... hhmmm

That nice chrome rear bumper i payed 100 bux for has turned to rust.... :( cheap ass aftermarket crap.... Who has a suburban/k5 stock rear bumper for sale?

I picked up a nice rear window from pull and save a few weeks ago..

A good viair compressor is on my buy list as well.. That cheapo one is not going to cut it...
I bought a brand new aluminum 8 gallon hotdog shaped air tank a few weeks ago..

I will add some pics later... :)
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
I'm alive! All thought i am not sure if anybody cares anymore.. lmao . The dually part of this site hasn't had any posts for more than a year :(
I hope all the old school guys from when we were on Duallyscene.com are doing good. It has been a long time and i miss that place.

Not much of my truck has changed since the last time i logged into this site 5+ years ago??? I still have the truck and it is not finished! imagine that.
Lots of other thing have changed. My BMW collection. 98- 528i, 99 -528i, 08 -550i. 65 vw custom beetle, 2014 Subaru BRZ. 08 Buell lightning, 05 Hayabusa.

I got a 1000sf garage built for all my projects . The driveway has been concreted so no more working on the truck on the ground or out in the rain or snow ..The dually takes up almost 1 side of the garage its so long. I could fit 4 cars, 2 on each side..

I decided last week to do some work on the truck. Bought four 12 ton jackstands to get it off the ground. The poly cab bushings are not the correct height as the stock rubber ones. So i am ordering oem style rubber from lmc.

I bought a complete Accuair setup for the truck. It cost me an arm and a leg. I think its worth more than the truck..lol
2 chrome 400c viair air compressors, wired controller, brain, 4 height sensors, vu4 manifold, etc. etc. everything cost me almost $2900.00.

All of the stuff i posted over a year ago has still has not been done. I am going to get on it soon. Lots of parts laying around and now that i have 2 weeks off from work its going to get worked on.

Y'all wana see some pics?
Airnewb91   +1y
New to the site and just read through your whole thread. I have a srw 77 that I want to drw swap and bag. Your build thread has made me want to do it even more. Who makes that fiberglass visor that you have? And I would love to see more pictures.
Post was last edited on May 04, 2020 04:05. This post has been edited 1 times.