Dually Projects
views 127322
replies 546
following 80

linkenhoker123   +1y
Any updates???
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
thanks lilj..

bagged.., bringing the dually to joplin sounds like a great idea. but I don't think I could afford how much it would cost to do a 6bt ,paint,..etc im on a super cheap budget... hahaha

sorry guys. I haven't got any further on the truck. I have been to busy with work and life etc..........
I traded the blue 1988 s-10 in on a silver 99 bmw 528i to drive daily. I will post some pics soon
I picked up a black 98 bmw 528i sport with a bad motor on CL. I found a used 88k engine on CL for cheap! ive been turning wrenches and spending all my money on the car instead of my dually..the truck is pissed at me...lol

I had another super cheap idea....lol im going to use pallet wood to cover the bed floor and possibly make a flush bed cover ??. I have access to free pallets. most of them are new. I can sand and stain them any color I want. it beats spending 400.00 on some nice looking cedar boards that are just going to set in the bed and get rained on. but on the other hand, I could use the cedar boards on the floorboards inside of the truck... hhhmmm... who knows...lmao
watahyahknow   +1y
anyone ever read the 50 dollar paintjob story on some mopar website
" target="_blank
the guy uses rustoleum ridiculesly thinned with white spirit and put on woth rollers and foam brushes

he does that at home on the old paintjob and bare metal after a good sanding
it takes a while to get the paint to cover and some sanding to get the paint smooth but the result is realy good and the paint realy hard

read the link , its the original tread , its been copied a few times by hot rod and other magazines and websites
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
thanks for the link watayahknow

I am going to paint the truck basecoat/clearcoat black with regular automotive paint. im not going to totally cheap out on that. I can get 1gallon of basecoat and 1 gallon of clear, plus reducer/hardner on ebay for 200.00 shipped.
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
I swear guys. sometimes I just want to run away screaming....

my youngest pitbull dog passed away yesterday .I raised him from a puppy. I still have the mother and father ( Junior was his name .he was 7 years old) . im so pissed right now.
he ate something out in the back yard that impacted in his bowels. . we took him to the vet and had surgery to clean him out.(wood particle board is what it looked like to me) he was fine after the surgery, but he was so dehydrated his kidneys shut down the next day and he passed away.
watahyahknow   +1y
darn....... sorry for youre loss
sparkys-crewcab   +1y

thanks man.... I am going to breed my male pit with a female up the street. hopefully I can get another male out of the litter..

im sorry I have turned this truck build thread into "my life sucks because *insert the cause* "
bagged dually   +1y
Damn sparky that sucks man. Sorry to hear that bro.

Bring the ole girl on down. We'll knock it out!!!
At least someone's dually will be getting worked on at my shop. I sure haven't had any time to work on my
own dually lol.
mdub4life29   +1y
so WTF sparky wheres the update? we need more of your build thread in our lives!!!
exoticiron   +1y
Hey on a side note not to but in but a few pages you were debating tire/rim size, just a thought but I've always offered my customers bag spacers, I ask what's the tallest rim they would want and then bagged it for that so if that change there mind or want something smaller they didn't have to redo anything they just bring it back and I make custom bag spacers to make up the diff, bet you already over it but just food for thought