Page 2 of 2
Dually Audio/Interior \  searched but no luck, steering wheel question

searched but no luck, steering wheel question

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 2520
replies 19
following 4

someotherguy   +1y
It's either Billet Specialties or a knockoff; they're the ones that do that half-aluminum half-wrap style.

And if you don't go billet for a Grant hub, you get this corny stamped steel skeleton thing that has an ugly rubber bellows that goes over it.

Richard
gothbox   +1y
like I said, I know my wheel is not a Billet Specialties, its a no name knock off.

The Grant Billet will not work with my wheel anyways, hence why I asked about what 3 hole Grant adapter will work with my truck, because that is what the wheel I already have is made for. So yes I am aware of what the basic Grant 3 hole hub looks like, and will not be seen with my wheel setup anyways, I have used this wheel in 3 other past cars, and used the Grant hub in 4 past cars.

So Let me start over.

I have a 97 GMC 3500, and I am looking for a part number for a Grant 3hole hub that will fit my truck, I am not sure if the Grant hub that is listed for the older model of my truck(pre air bag) will fit my newer model truck, or if the 1500 hub will work as well.

I am aware of the dish issues if I were to bolt up a wheel straight to the hub, the wheel I am using has a pretty large spacer on it so I am not too worried about that.
I am also aware I may have to do some trimming of plastic for it to work right as well. I do not mind or care, that is what custom is and part of the fun.
someotherguy   +1y
If you find a hub that fits your combo and fits other GM stuff it will fit the truck. No need to complicate it on 3500 vs. 1500 or airbag vs. pre-airbag. The shaft and splines are the same. Maybe you didn't read between the lines earlier but the way I learned about needing to trim the plastic and the clearance of wheel to signal lever is, I installed a Grant wheel with Grant billet hub, which is not available for 95-up, onto a 95-up column - which "worked", other than the aforementioned issues.

Richard
gothbox   +1y
ok so all this "read between the lines" extra info, and etc has got me all confused.

All I need and am asking is what Grant 3 hole hub adapter will fit on my truck, period. A part number would be most helpful, but what GM truck to look up and find out myself will work too.
someotherguy   +1y
They don't offer one specifically for a 95-up. Thought that was pretty clear. One for an 88-94 will fit the shaft/splines. What's confusing?

You're asking about something that likely nobody else has the particular combination of parts & truck that you're attempting to accomplish, so at some point, you have to do some research in catalogs, order some parts, try for yourself and modify as needed. IMO

Richard
gothbox   +1y
thats all I was asking and needed to know, was what vehicle to find a part number for that will fit my truck.

I KNOW they don't make one for the 95 and up or pretty much any vehicle that has an air bag for that matter. Thats why I was asking if anyone knew what would fit it from an older truck.

I KNOW no one will have the same setup as me, cause I am running a custom setup, all I needed was the Grant part. I know I can just start ordering parts all willy nilly and maybe at some point find the one that works, I posted up to see if anyone had already done all that or had any experience with it so I did not have to go through all that wasted time and money.
someotherguy   +1y
Try decaf.

Richard
krewzlo   +1y
The 95 and up 1 tons never had airbags. At least that was what my dealer told me when I ordered my 99 and bought my 2000 off the lot.
someotherguy   +1y
8600 gvwr 3/4 tons didn't either. But it's still the same column design and basic wheel design, so whatever you're going to install has to fit an airbag style column.

Richard