Page 2 of 3
Dually Exterior \  Roll down rear window

Roll down rear window

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 11163
replies 23
following 17

kblr elf   +1y
That black one with the impala int is on here under random dually pics photo post you can see the roll down rear window
onefasthoagie   +1y

on page 4, save some time lol. it's the one with the beetle in it as well.
4u2nv   +1y
Yup, thats the guy. LOL He used to live in Chino but I beleive he has since moved. Either that or he sold his truck cause I look out for it every time I pass by. Cool guy too.
4u2nv   +1y
OH WOW!!! I did not see all those pictures of his truck till I went back to look on page 4. Yup, confirmed he had it so I know it exists. LOL So sweet and now I'm even more determined. APB on this guy.

thread post photo
shortbus   +1y
i started that mod in a 85 regular cab using a suburban roll up back glass and window channel. but sold it before it got done.
pig rig   +1y
heres what I know about the kits I had done some digging awhile back and the company that made them went away because the bodystyle were changing so much so quickly that it was costing to much to retool every modle year

and as far as making one I know of one thats being done on a sqbdy right now but figuring out what to use for glass has slowed it down
someotherguy   +1y
Dunno, that doesnt make a lot of sense. Squarebody style was the same from 73-87 (with some carryover models as always) that's 14 years, then shitbox from 88-98 that's 10 years plus carryovers...

More likely just like anything, either they just didn't sell enough, mismanaged their company, product was crappy and they couldn't fix the problems, who knows.

I think you could probably make one easily enough - except for one part, the weatherstripping would be a beotch, trying to come up with something that you could form to the shape of the opening and also be rigid enough to serve as the window channel above the bottom line of the glass, in other words for the section that is in the actual window opening, running the glass frameless like a shitbox door window.

An older truck of mine had a C.R. Laurence power slider rear window, that worked OK, obviously not anything close to having a full roll-down rear window and after a few years it got kinda slow and crappy, had to help it close.

Richard
bush   +1y
Im a Glazier, and I was digging thru old supply catalogs awhile back. Its CR Laurence that used to make them. I gave them a call and they still have all of the old inventory in stock, its just not in cataolgs. Find your local glass shop that deals with CR Laurence and have them do some prying.
4u2nv   +1y
Right on....Thanks for that information. I'll call them tomorrow and check it out.
skidrow   +1y
im going to try and make me one. the window runfelt u can get in a roll. i had a freand del his vent windows on a 49 ford panel and that what he got. i ll have to see ware he got it u can just bend and chanel on a brake so thats not hard