2 link?

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 7502
replies 28
following 12

jcampbell1180   +1y
10-4
lowboy   +1y
YA, NOT A BIG FAN OF WELDING EVERYTHING TOGETHER, BUT WHAT EVER. I HAVE ALWAYS DONE THE TRACK BAR OPTION. WHICH IS THE CROSS BAR. YA GET NO SIDE TO SIDE MOVEMENT THRU THE RANGE OF MOTION.
I REALIZED I HAD A FEW PICS. SORRY FOR THE DELAY ON "MY" VERSION".

dragnasty   +1y

Yeah, thats the Z link I was talking about. Alot of people are starting to go with that setup. Looks nice and functions nice. Some people dont like the fully welded version but everyone has their own way....thats why there are many different ways of doing the same thing. Gotta give it your own character
trevor g   +1y
Those are great pics lowboy! Thanks. What do you guys do on the end of the 2-link where it bolts to the front spring mount?
mark   +1y
you'll really just run into probs with a 2link using stock front mounts on certain trucks. especially mazdas because the link bars will be almost at 40degrees pointed up when layed out. whole lotta forward and backward movement, tears up the carrier on 2peice shafts on the mazda.

but looking at yalls fullsize 2links, it is almost flat. which hardly has any forward/backward movement,

i put a 4link in my mazda, yea it articulates, but i honestly liked how my 2link handled.
lowboy   +1y
Not knocking anyones vision except the ones who are unsafe. You are correct, every one has a different flair. Most people do a 2 link cause of cost and simplicity and run into the problems with the mini trucks like mark describs, which is why when I've done two links on mini trucks I'll move the tank and move the bars inside the frame rails. Gets everything back in the same plane.

For the ends I use 1-3/4"(outside dia.).120 wall(if i remember correctly)and my local 4x4 shop sells tabs, brackets and bushings, and thats where i get my poly bushings, which are 1.5" outside dia. Here is a few pics of the beginning stages of the bars on my dually.

AND ONE FOR THE STOCK FLOORED S-10 I DID A FEW YEARS AGO WITH THE 2 LINK BARS MOVED INSIDE THE FRAME RAIL. .

[/quote]
dragnasty   +1y
Yeah, on the minitrucks I move the two link bars inside the frame with new mounts. Like the pic I posted of the Taco I did. Fullsize Trucks are really about the only ones that you can use the factory leaf sping mounts. I likie to additionally move the leaf spring mount forward if possible to give a longer two link bar.
mrwilliam   +1y
^^ Nasty, do you have any pics of your personal dually rear setup>?? I know its long gone..
Grant   +1y
Is a 2 link rear good for a daily pick up truck? I'm planning on bagging my truck and I want a really simple and cheap but good rear set up