2 link?

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 7501
replies 28
following 12

pig rig   +1y
well it didn't help that I did a post to stir the pot
trevor g   +1y
...and did you notice I still have no pics of the 2 link set up or any info???

do I just run thick wall square tubing from the front leaf hanger? What about the rear end sitting on the tubing? How do I do that? do I have to have a some sort of saddle for the rear end to sit in?
lowboy   +1y
Run either 2x2 1/4" or 2x3 3/16". Either really works. Yes you can use the stock front spring perch. What i try and do is put the drive line and the bar in the same "plane". Kind of difficult to describe. but a generic descripsion would at ride height your drive line and 2 link bar are some what parallel to each other. An exageraged example would be like in an s-10 using the stock front spring perch. The drive line is some what parallel to the ground where the 2 link bar is pointed down. You'll get a lot of pinion angle variance thru your rear end that way. On MY dually i felt the front spring perch was a little low. So i used a drop perch from bell tech that i had laying around. use 2x3 3/16. made a trip to my local trailer supply store, had some 5/8" "u" bolts made in the lenght i needed, (I always use new u-bolts) along with some new spring pads, and a new spring perchs. I then cut all the factory shock mounts, spring perchs off the axle, put an alignment pin in my new 2 link bar, mocked everything. set my pinion angle where i thought it should be and welded the new spring perch to the axle. Took everything apart, finished welding, painted and put back together. I dont have any pics. sorry.
trevor g   +1y
thanks for the info lowboy. Thats a start. i am sure I will have many more questions!
dragnasty   +1y
here a a quick sketch I drew as well as a pic of a 2 link I did on a Taco I built.

thread post photo

thread post photo
maz89   +1y
a it's so pretty! Nice work Nasty!!
trevor g   +1y
Nice thanks Dragnasty!
low95xlt   +1y
damn drag thats tight
as long as it is built right anything is good if it is done correct
jcampbell1180   +1y
I realize I'm going to sound like a tool, but on a two link, how do you keep your rear end from shifting side to side? Panhard bar? Or would that make it a three link?
dragnasty   +1y
Most people run panhard bars but the new way of doing it is the run a cross link from the front of one of the two link bars the the rear of the other two link bar. Kind of like a Z link. I fully weld the rear end to the link bars making the rear end housing the actual cross brace.