Page 1 of 6
Dually Suspension \  airbar yes/no

airbar yes/no

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 10873
replies 53
following 10

pig rig   +1y
I want to bag my crew bus Ive been look'n at air rid's airbar set up will this set me down so that the wheels will tuck
physh1   +1y
It won't lay out of the box. You'll need a step notch to lay, you'll need to raise the upper bag mount location, and mount the panhard accordingly.

I'm running an airbar on mine and it lays out. The panhard really is too short for it IMHO so installing a longer one or another axle centering device would be ideal.

Cameron
sooperspeed   +1y
A totally polished Watts Link and a Parallel 4 Link is the way to go, hands down. A Watts Link will keep the axle from moving side to side. And the Parallel 4 Link can be designed to handle any amount of horspower/torque you throw at it. If you are not a good welder, have a qualified welder help you install everything. A serious truck needs serious parts and installation.
physh1   +1y
Watts links are nice, I'm not doubting that, but if you don't have the 400+ dollars for a TP watts link than a panhard will work just fine. Ever since watts links have come into the mainstream people are knocking panhards like there's no tomorrow. Panhards work well, and they'll keep working well.

There are some cheaper watts "kits" out there...like the one BYC sells (it's not their kit either...lol) but it's not nearly up to par for something as big as our trucks. There are plenty of hot rod and race shops than can make a watts as well but, to do it right it will cost a good chunk.

Cameron
dragnasty   +1y
screw and panhard and watts! LOL Im not fixen to start a suspension riot but I use neither one and I 2 link everything I own. Alot of people bash me for running two links but I do what works for me. I drive my trucks EVERY single day and Ive never had a problem with my setups. Ive done many customers vehicles the same way with no problems also. It all depends on personal preference. And all you 4 link guys, Im not knocking yall in anyway.
pig rig   +1y
I didn't start a fight, but I do want to lay it down as easy as posibel fab'n parts are easy if I know how it shoud look and work in the end
physh1   +1y
For the money, the ART kit isn't worth buying when it won't lay out from the box if that's your goal. There are plenty of places and people to get 4 links, or whatever you want, for your application for less money without modding the crap out of kit packages.

Cameron
dragnasty   +1y
No you didnt start a fight...I was just trying not to start one..lol..
pig rig   +1y
hay DRAGNASTY can you email me some pic's of your suspension I mite want to copy what you've got
dragnasty   +1y
Ive had several people ask me for pics but I dont have any...I'll try and come up with something.....

I think ART is over rated. You can get the same, or better, product for less. They have real nice kits but like physh said, if you want it to lay out, I'd go in a different direction.