Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  cummins+ allison help

cummins+ allison help

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1291
replies 9
following 5

bigbeardedbastard   +1y
i picked up a nice 6bt this weekend and a 5spd auto allison trans.....has anyone put one of the in their trucks? currently looking for a bellhousing adapter....pros? cons?
nandrus   +1y
Is it an Allison 1000 trans? chevy or sae bellhousing?
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
i believe its a at545....so sae?? ive got a chevy adapter but dont want to run my t400
nandrus   +1y
The at545 is a beast. I just put one in my f700.
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
yeah its a big beast for sure....not even sure it will work if i decided to SFBD the truck? plus i need to look into the electronic and cooling side of it before i mount it
any recommendations? i only bought it because it is bulletproof and i got it for a steal...
nandrus   +1y
There are no electronics that run the at545. They trans is going to hard to fit into a truck. They trans pans are very deep. Another thing to think about the at545 is that it doesn't have an overdrive.
challengumhauller   +1y
I have the adapter and everything for that matter I will sell if you are interested. but keep in mind this trans along with having a deep pan and no overdrive it does not have a lock up converter and will for sure not fit unless you do a big time body lift or cut your floor and trans tunnel. but can be done and has.
john-e bravada   +1y
I thought the 545 was a relatively weak Trans.?.? The guy I bought my cummins donor truck from had a 545 but after some research I found they were only rated to 400ft-lbs which is a stock CTD... Just what I'm remembering.

Edit: 445ft-lbs
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
im still trying to do my research before i do anything. the allison is new to me as a far as transmissions go. thats why i came here for the wealth of knowledge lol i am not oppsed to cutting the bed floor to make it fit however keeping angle correct and the possibilitt to not be able to use it if i sfbd the truck bothers me.....

just for shits n giggles, pm me a price challengumhauler please
tutt   +1y
I don't think that they have a real "park" either. just a neutral and a parking brake.
Page 1 of 1