Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  carb bbc

carb bbc

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1015
replies 4
following 4

giovanni   +1y
Truck yanks the load but does seem gutless sometimes compared to my old 98.

what setups are u carbed guys running ?
nandrus   +1y
Do you know the name of those wheels? I am pretty sure I have the same ones. I just dont know the name of them so I cant look them up.
giovanni   +1y
Let me no when u find out as well . Caps say eagle but I could never find them
someotherguy   +1y
Dunno the name of those wheels either but have you noticed you've got them mixed up for what side they belong on?

That '86 carbed 7.4 isn't a powerhouse, especially compared to a Vortec 7.4, not sure how much more power you want but all the standard upgrades apply. Better heads, cam, intake, exhaust, the usual. Not a big block whiz so I'll leave it at that.

Richard
comegetsome   +1y
when I bought my dually it had a stock 454 in it....guy told me it was out of a 72 chevelle but I didn't check the numbers....it def wasn't a rocket...but when I started body dropping my truck I swapped to a LS motor....my dad took my old 454 and pulled out the rv cam that was in it and slid in a cam with good midrange torque(ill see if I can find specs)...then he pulled off the stock intake and quadrajunk carb and put on a summit 750 carbon and summit aluminum intake...they had a package deal with intake,carb, and breather for around 450...and also a set of longtube hooker headers...and he put it in his 86 regular cab short bed 4x4 and it feels like it literally picked up 100 horsepower....it was amazing at the differance 800 bucks made....now im pissed I didn't put it back in my dually...and the cam isn't huge very streetable and hes running a stock convertor
Page 1 of 1