threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \ 

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1467
replies 6
following 3

cokezero   +1y
Total noob to diesels, what does this goto/do?

thread post photo
someotherguy   +1y
That is probably the bleeder valve for the fuel system. Not much of a diesel guy so I'm taking a wild-ass guess here.

You would use it to bleed off pressure before replacing the filter, or for getting air out after replacing the filter or running out of fuel.

Richard
comegetsome   +1y
looks like a valve we run on our tractors....plumbed into coolant hoses to turn water flow off to heater core in the summer months when its not needed....but without seeing where the other end of the hoses go i cant tell ya for sure....so just a guess also
someotherguy   +1y
I'm betting that hose off to the passenger side is just sitting there, right? If you turn that valve have a container over the end of the hose, betcha diesel comes out.

Richard
cokezero   +1y
Apparently it's a water-drain off petcock

you can see if there's any water collected in your fuel. It also serves a purpose in checking your lift pump, with engine running open petcock all the way making sure you have something to drain fuel into(like a 1 gallon or bigger jug), if the engine changes idle speed or goes dead it means your lift pump(fuel pump) is going out.
cokezero   +1y
New Problem!

97 6.5 crew cab dually and I need ideas on my problem. First off let me state the tranny was rebuilt 2 years ago so I don't think thats the problem.

Sometimes when I'm driving and I take off from a stop and give it alot of gas it will barely pull (Won't squat and go) accelerates slow and if you put it too the floor the rpms jump up in overdrive but it doesn't pull any faster.

I have a crappy faze boost gauge hooked up running to a fitting on the top of the intake. when turned off it sits below 0. so its hard for me to get an accurate reading. but when I looked at the boost gauge when its doing the problem I stated above and I floor it, the gauge reads backwards a little (like its going into vac)

So I'm thinking its some sort of boost leak but I'm not sure. It doesn't do it all the times. just sometimes. and seems only after ive been driving a bit. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
cokezero   +1y
Well shit, Noticed a drip below the passenger door. Looked up from bottom, coming from firewall. Think my heater core is fucked :/
Page 1 of 1