Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  O2 Sensor wire??HELP

O2 Sensor wire??HELP

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 2340
replies 10
following 4

short1   +1y
Ive got an 87 c-c dually and for some reason i can't find the o2 sensoe wire. Ive got the chiltons book but i cant seem to find the wire. The book says PPL for the wire so i take it thats its a purple wire. BUt i cant seem to find it. Can someone tell me where the wire that plugs into the o2 sensor is coming from or what color it is. Any help would be appricated.
short1   +1y
I'm sure somone on here has a tbi 454 motor with an oxygen sensor. i just need to know what color the wire is and where it comes from.
someotherguy   +1y
O2 wire is almost always purple, but I don't know where on a squarebody it comes out of the harness. Best bet though is to hunt in the general area the O2 sensor lives; on your truck I'm gonna guess that it's in the driver's side exhaust manifold - try heading up towards the bundles of wiring on that side of the firewall. The wire is typically a dark purple, with age and crud it could easily look black. Any chopped off wiring you find, try wiping the insulation off a little bit with some degreaser and see what color it really is.

Richard
short1   +1y
Still cant find it. I took the bundle of wire apart from under the cab and couldnt find anything not hooked up. I dont know if im looking in the right spot or not. That damn wire! The shitty part is that i'm an electrican.
short1   +1y
Still no luck. I have looked everywhere and im still lost. Does anyone know where the wire could be coming from. Under the truck? behind the motor? Any info would be greatly appricated.
someotherguy   +1y
Can't believe none of the squarebody experts have chimed in.

Richard
big bear   +1y
i talked to a mutual friend. he gave me a tad of info. he said his wire was indeed purple. it was routed in the harness behind the engine. towards the passenger side. it was also bundled with a red, black, and white wire. now theres no guarantee that this wasnt a motor swap at one time or if this guy has a clue to life, haha but i brought up this topic to another friend and he chimed in. so, i hope this helps you man. if not, ill keep doing some digging for you.
short1   +1y
Thanks for the info so far. I still haven't had any luck finding it. I looked up behind the motor and couldnt see it. I will keep searching till i do. The truck runs like crap as soon as the check engine light comes on and im thinking that the 02 sensor has something to do with it. Thanks for the feedback guys i appricate it.
short1   +1y
Wahoo summabych!!! i found it. After a month or so of looking i got the wire located and together. Thanks guys for the info.
partyof5   +1y
SO DO TELL WHERE WAS IT MINE IS MIA ALSO