threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  A six cogger or exercise for that left leg!

A six cogger or exercise for that left leg!

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1963
replies 11
following 4

truckzilla   +1y
I have tried finding anyone who has put a six speed standard into their squarebody dually, but without any luck. I am pondering the thought of my reg cab '85 C20/30 (soon to be shortbed) with a Tremec T56 hooked up to the LS.
Any thoughts or ideas?
big bear   +1y
ive seen a few in the c10s....and one square dually. it was a started and quickly abandoned project.
truckzilla   +1y
I figure its not rocket science and I understand that a slushbox is a lot easier to drive because you aren't so likely to spill the beer your either holding or is being held between your thighs. But what the heck? I'm not likely to hurt the motor unless I miss a shift at a million RPM now am I. And if it doesn't pan out, I can follow the crowd and put in a 4L65 or even better, 4L80!
Why be normal?
big bear   +1y
hell yea man...i totally agree. no you reason you cant do it.
truckzilla   +1y
Yeah, I'm committed now. Picked up a Tremec T56 this morning from a lot way north of Dallas. I looks good sitting in the back of my Scion. I got the drive shaft as well because I'm not sure what all will need to happen to have the T56 at one end and the Dana 70 at the other.
cowboyprotectionunit   +1y
I'm planning on doing it..... but I'm also doing a Cummins Swap as well so its kinda easier... so I'm told
truckzilla   +1y
Good luck with that Cummins swap. That is going to be a torque monster. Hope you put up some pics CPU.
Well the Guy would like to Use his Truck for One Last Harvest season.... SO I'll take possession around October 5thish but there will be a Build and a Mod thread at that Point
Theres Photos Of the truck in my Rodeo Rig 1 Album
truckzilla   +1y
I'll check it out.