Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  vortec 350 swap

vortec 350 swap

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1382
replies 6
following 4

oldskewld50   +1y
im lookin at getting a old squarebody crewcab dually and i was wondering how hard a 98 vortec 350 swap would be if i have the complete donor truck .... i have only swapped honda motors before as i am an ex import/tuner/racer/w.e guy... mainly would swap in this motor for the gas mileage because i will be dailying this beast
nistech414   +1y
I was actually thinking about putting a vortec 350 in my 93 diesel. It might be even harder in a square though. Engine, tranny, fuel tank and lines, complete wiring harness would all need to be swapped in and you would have to figure something out with the dash. Gauges, warning lights and probably some more stuff. But if you have a complete donor truck then go for it. Would definitely be a cool project, do it so we can see!
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
My buddy Scott swapped one into his 87 crew cab. He had a donor truck as well and swapped in the dash and seats as well. To do the dash he had to cut it down to fit the contour of the windshield. He also cut the firewall out and swapped in the firewall from the donor truck so all the lines and wiring would be in original locations. Turned out pretty cool.
lockone   +1y
Painless sells a harness that makes it pretty easy. Only thing that will not work is the factory speedo unless you buy all of the weird adapters to make it work.
oldskewld50   +1y
I was looking at the painless wiring harness last night but they say they r for a 4l60e trans and I have a 4l80e.. will that matter???
oldskewld50   +1y
Also how much modification will there have to be to the driveshaft.... if any to get it to work if anyone knows
lockone   +1y
I think the plugs are different between the two transmissions but they can make it for your application if you call and tell them what you are needing.

The shafts are close to the same length but you have to swap the yolk to fit the newer model trans.
Page 1 of 1