threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  Engine bay clean up, deleting stuff????

Engine bay clean up, deleting stuff????

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 992
replies 3
following 2

58deluxerag   +1y
Charcoal canister, wanting to delete this space hogging thing, what do I do with the line from the gas tank, what do I do with the purge line from the throttle body? Plug them or connect them?

Cruise control, I unplugged the whole harness and removed the box. Is there another harness I need to plug in there instead? or is it okay with nothing in it's place?
someotherguy   +1y
Charcoal cannister system is kind of the new version of having a vented gas cap. Instead of venting pressure/gas vapors to the air through the cap, the system uses a non-vented cap and vapor is collected through the small line running along with the fuel lines on the frame rail - goes into the charcoal cannister for filtering - then is burned in the engine by vacuum from the TBI sucking it up.

If you want to cap that small line off and remove the cannister, I'd install a vented gas cap. Some people just leave that shit open, take the cannister out and leave the line sitting there, but I wouldn't want gas vapors hanging around in my engine compartment. For the purge line you can just cap it at the TBI.

Cruise module can just unplug and come off. No biggie. But cruise is cool to have...dunno why you'd get rid of it. When cruise doesn't work, the module is usually fine, it's almost always one of two things: on 94 and older columns, the wiring for the cruise switch breaks internally after the high beams and turn signals are used, since that constantly flexes the wires. Or (2) brake switch has a stuck set of contacts making the cruise think you're standing on the brakes; just because your brake lights work doesn't mean the switch is good - it has several separate contacts.

Too bad you're like 4.5 hrs away from me, or I could probably be a lot more help.

Richard
58deluxerag   +1y
No sweat Richard, you've been a lot of help, thanks.

I'll buy ya a few beers if you're ever in the neighborhood.
someotherguy   +1y
No prob. I love these trucks and am always willing to help people that aren't afraid to dig into them and get their hands dirty.

Richard
Page 1 of 1