Page 1 of 1
Dually Engine \  pros and cons of the chevy 6.0 ltr

pros and cons of the chevy 6.0 ltr

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 4494
replies 8
following 7

bdydrppup   +1y
i found a wrecked 05 chevy h-d with the 6.0 gas engine, 67k miles. any body got one or know how they do towing and fuel milage? i know the 8.1 and duramaxs but not the 6.0
lockone   +1y
We have one in a DRW truck and the onboard computer say it is getting 12.9 MPG.
rangerrudy   +1y
The most obvious con is that its a chevy......so there won't be any pros!
bdydrppup   +1y
at least its not tghe for 6.0 or as we like to call them hand grenades lol but the 7.3 was bullet proof
someotherguy   +1y
I'd say the cons come in when you let us know what year/model truck you wanna put it into. A lot of people are doing LS based swaps but there are a few issues to overcome. I don't know about all of em. I do know there's some shady products out there but that's the same as pretty much anything else custom that you might do.

Richard
bdydrppup   +1y
well if i buy it> it will be goin in my 85 chevy one ton dually. i know its the base engine for the h-d trucks and horsepower and torque specs. i jus wanted some real world opinions on how they actually do in towing and fuel milage. i wont be pulling anything over a car hauler or 25ft fifthwheel. if i could afford a d-max or 5.9 cummins thats what i would get but i cant.
974door   +1y
I am putting one in my truck out of an 02'. Got to has all the chrome and billet acss. you can think of.
capthuff   +1y
I get about 15mpg out of my SRW 03.... when I put a load (offshore fishing boat) it drops to around 11mpg..... truck still runs strong with 240k org. miles on it.
comegetsome   +1y
the 6.0s are a strong motor...my buddy brad spun a bearing in his 5.3 in his 2000 1500 sierra and we put a 6.0 in it and its amazing how much stronger that motor is over the 5.3...i put a little 4.8 in my dually but its not done so no report on how well it pulls it around but gotta look at the fact the 4.8 has almost 100 more hp than the stock 454....on a side note he did say the 6.0 got worse gas miledge than the 5.3
Page 1 of 1