Starter Woes...

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1400
replies 13
following 5

jcampbell1180   +1y
Here
erock805   +1y
Ignition switch or the starter is hangin up. shim it.
1967rs   +1y
2X Ignition switch at the bottom of the colum
jcampbell1180   +1y
Roger that.

That's what I thought.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Negatory...switch and actuator rod are A-okay.

Only link left is the wiring between the switch and the starter
jcampbell1180   +1y
Wires look good...still have the same issue. Shimmed the starter...no dice. Anybody have a wiring diagram for the starting system? This is really getting to me.

One other note of interest...the 'start' lead is constantly hot. I've already replaced the ignition switch. Is there a relay that I'm missing.

I've also been told to see if the neutral safety switch is going to ground.

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it. I'm about to set this sucker ablaze.
skidrow   +1y
here the dig i have

jcampbell1180   +1y
I need a password, Sucka!
pig rig   +1y
sorry I couldn't help you more saturday when you called but I had a lot going on at that moment

so you've chased wires pull you fuse block apart theres a bolt in the center of it on the engine side open it up and see if something is arcing also pull the junction block loose from the fire wall so its not touching and see if that makes any differance

you might just need to check every conection point

just something to think about once I had a tail light problem that I chased for weeks It would burn out bulbs or fry fuses some time both and some times I'd lose all my lights I finaly traced it to the fuse block the terminal had broke loose and it would touch other terminals

good luck and happy hunting
skidrow   +1y
i tryed to call ya but u dont anser your phone cuz your afrad to talk to me cuz u have not got me thous wires

erk

on the side of the road out of gas